Hacking [is it a priority for Deca?]

Was wondering, do you guys think that hacking negatively affects the game to the point where Deca needs to fix it, or do you think that they should just leave it alone and fix other bugs and come out with new content?

ARE YOU [expletive deleted] KIDDING ME? of COURSE hacking negatively affects the game! remember Multiboxers? the game was unplayable near one. thank heavens DECA fixed those. besides, DECA is working on both, so burn the hackers!

I mean besides multi boxing, thats not hacking anyways, thats an exploit and I asked about hacking. Status effect immunity, no clip, etc. I honestly don’t mind, let them ruin their own experience, ya feel?

I FEEL that multiboxing was obviously a hack and that all other current hacks are still affecting others by diminishing the effectiveness of legit players. [quote=“ThatsMyJam, post:3, topic:3133”]
I asked about hacking. Status effect immunity, no clip, etc
[/quote]

I AM talking about hacking, BURN those sinners.

Opening 20 flashplayers and running around simultaneously is not hacking. I cant tell if your being serious or just ignorant.

But yeah there are some game-breaking hacks like debuff immunity and no-clip and dungeon re-entering but besides that, auto aim and full-screen dont really impact the game. It for sure makes it less interesting but I feel like fullscreen is something that they should add to the game anyway.

Right right, I feel pretty much the same way. I really appreciate no clip dbow archers in shatts though :^)

If you saw how they were actually doing it then you would se yes, it was hacking. veryfew people muliboxed w/o hacking it came as a package

When people say multiboxing, they generally mean not only having the browsers open, but using a third party program to control them all simultaneously with only one input. To do so requires using a third party application, which is what is meant by hacking.

What you are describing is generally called alt-boxing, rather than multiboxing. Alt boxing means opening multiple instances of the game and controlling them one by one. Although no hacks or third party applications are required to do so, players disagree on whether or not alt boxing is “cheating”

I know how to multi box, its very easy. (I only multi boxed once, and it was in a tomb that i opened for me myself and I) I just opened up a bunch of instances in flash and used clone keys and boom. Not hacking, just an exploit. Sure, very few people multi boxed without hacks. But that doesn’t mean multi boxing is hacking.

its still against the ToS and can get you banned.

An exploit is finding a flaw in the game itself and exploiting it with only tools provided in the game itself. Using a software to run scripts on your computer isn’t that.

Cheating is negatively impacting the game, if only because of how every cheater tries extremely hard to be annoying, but if Deca can’t find a solution against it that doesn’t involve fucking the entire community over then it’s probably not worth seriously working on.

Your subliminal message didn’t work, please try to be more concise. :wink:

There are some ‘quick fixes’ that Deca can implement (such as replacing sprite world void with something else) but others would require more work.

I’ll start listing off some hacks off the top of my head, you guys debate which ones are priority/worthwhile to address.

It’s a wiki post, edit it at will.

Bold the ones you think are important/relevant.

No-clip
Projectile no-clip
Debuffs
Reconnect?
Auto aim

Opening 20 flash players is not how multi boxing works. I could tell you how but that’s against the rules.

You are also forgetting a few: hud mining, bag viewers, inventory viewers, insta trading, lava walls

Yup, I made it a wiki so you should be able to edit and add them in.

Are you really that much of a greedy hypocrite that you don’t see what is wrong with your statement? You condemn hacks, but when it benefits you, then it’s OK. That is precisely what is wrong with some members of this playerbase. They try to justify cheating because they get to feed off of scraps like a starved puppy.

I havent condemned anything? I was asking people’s opinions. I really don’t care about people hacking, let them ruin their own experience. I wouldn’t hack, I enjoy the challenge of the game. Its just nice sometimes when people speed up the pace of the first set of switches, thats all.

he is a regular at this forum @Stuartcat

Another reason why I posted. He can freely be active on the forums and play this game. Deca doesn’t care.