Halloween Event Part I - Wine Cellar, Ice Cave, Parasite Chambers & Haunted Cemetery [Oct 26 to Nov 1]

It feels like they can’t help themselves from always going waaaaay over the top when just something simple will do.
But that seems to be normal for Deca - remember their first winter event had so many UT reskins, which they said they’d learn from for future events when people complained…

Last year was 50 tokens for 1 UT reskin - so this year have to outdo that with 3 UT reskins, but now for 75 tokens each to make them even more out of reach with the abysmal drop rates, unless you are no-lifeing key-open chains.

But they couldn’t just leave it at the Oryx+Witch+skull+zhorde event to stand alone, have to shovel 10 chest events on the top of it of course… though why Parasite doesn’t even have pumpkins I don’t know, as it makes even part of the event feel less worth doing. And all for what’s just a one day holiday, again skewed late so it will outstay its welcome and run halfway to xmas.

The maxing candys, which should be the “at least you got something” prize, are also abysmal low, am only on 3 or 4 from about 50-75 cemeteries, and haven’t seen a single x2 or x3, so you’ll have already maxed yourself several times over in lesser stats by the time you’d earn even 25, making that whole thing pointless.

I just can not fathom why they are so terrified of players ending up with 5 or 6 of the headline item, that they make the drop rates so basement low that the result is most players end up with 0 and label it a “shit event”.

I was sad when I heard ice cave drops pumpkins. :confused:

i like the think of the candies as a little something extra if you farm cems/ abyss+udl+puppet+.

I guess when everyone complained about people getting ogmur during ice cave, they decided to make it rarer since everyone complained about it being too common. Now they make it rarer, and everyone complains.

I think of the event as if you want it and have a lot of time, go for it. I you don’t, then don’t do it. Although its annoying how no one is in glands ever bc of the event

Hoping the Pumpkin tokens will be a wee bit more generous in Shaitan/Encore than Ice Cave was, though can agree with the people saying to seek out O2s - it seemed a lot more worthwhile to look for those, than stay in the Ice Cave chains.

I guess it’s not much to do a few of them every day, the event lasts what, 21 days so … you could get a maxlife candy if you do 4-5 of each a day.

If you were soloing you’d end up with 200 wis (lab+UDL), 100 vit (abyss), 100 att (theatre) plus some others.
Call it 10:1 trading them for life, for easy maths and that’s 40L in rainbows pots, the maxlife candy not really much worth in making the effort to get it, to use, unless your roll really is bad. :laughing:

really? i always thought the opposite. Like every 10th -20th ice cave i would get a pumpkin, a triple once. But for O2s, ive done like 10 but only 1, but ive heard alot higher when less people…

Actually i think any higher then it wouldnt be too good. Like rn, getting 1 finished by the end of event is actually quite easy with fame box, but higher people could get like 2-4. Like some people already have like 2 reskins already.

the main problem i have with the candy is the huge hasstle with it. like having so many marks. Although it seems like i would use it on dex rn. Also def prices are terrible rn idk why.

I think people would enjoy the event a lot more if they could end with 5 or 6 of the UTs (from a reasonable amount of effort playing every day), rather than so many people who will end with 0. This is why I still hold that Valentines Hearts event as the best one they’ve run, because basically whatever you did earned a heart and some progress towards one of the reskin Archer UTs (if you wanted you could focus only on multi reskin UBHPs and screw the QoT, or try for a couple of QoTs, or go for the full set of 4 - it let people do whatever they wanted). But Halloween’s ofc only 1/3 over so lets see what Part II and III hold. :slight_smile:

i mean 5/6 juggs is quite a lot, i know they nerfed the reskins but still those jugg users would still complain. I feel this is somewhat okay, like the fame box is ez to get like 2pump/day avg so with just a bit of farming like 1-2h/day you can get a jugg. like im at like 23 or something and ive done like 35 ice caves and like ~7~ O2s. Also missed the three days of fame box.

I guess I have never been on board with the jealousy-thinking way of “I don’t like if others have my special item” - most people will die with them eventually. And no item is so good that that if everyone has one the game breaks.

Also, (slight) higher generosity on UTs stimulates players to play more to get more of them in the event, and have to buy more vaults to store them, and, most important, players care less about dying with the item if they have a spare, so fewer players go run crying to mommy’s hack client to protect their ‘unreplaceables’. It’s for all this that sb items being (reasonably) easier to obtain is IMO a good thing for the game.

And, unfortunately the devs still haven’t caught on that notifiers get a HUGE advantage on ‘closed realm’ events, able to chain virtually constant O2s off the back of others’ efforts to close the realms and breeze into gaining multiple UTs, so designing events in this way that rewards notifying, is not good.

yeah ive really noticed when a realm starts to close it jumps from like 50 to 85 + people waiting.

Although i have manually gone around to look for closing realms and some could be guild calls but…

yeah for these event whites it not that important that other have it, especially when they get a weaker version. I kind of think of it similar to how people write their number of shats whites on their realmeye description, its similar to a status/bragging rights etc.

Honestly, i just don’t really like how event whites are set up, its too luck based and its not really farmable. like apparently omni is the rarest item in the game, but its easily farmable compared to a cube god for cdirks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.