Help me please, way too many unread topics

Is there a possible way to mark topics as read without having to read them, cuz this happened.

Not sure but try going to ‘latest’ in menu, scroll all the way down and click on the ‘dismiss’ button. Everything should then be marked as read.

I changed it to 10 minutes, but I wanted it at 30 seconds so I could be notified of all the stuff.

just read all of them…
it only takes like, what,
a few hours?

I don’t really feel like spending that much time on this forum. I love this forum and all, but hours of my time spent here consecutively? That’s a little too much.

BTW I am really bad at taking jokes

wasn’t a joke, maybe a seemed like one.
just set a goal for reading a certain amount of topics to read each day, maybe like ~30 or so.
I meant that in total it might take a few hours if that wasn’t clear lol

(just don’t necrobump really old posts please)

My tactic is to just not worry about them. It’s not like it’s my job to read everything on here.

But some people are anal about numbers and counts and stuffs like that. I personally have around 5k unread emails dating back from 2008 but a good friend would likely commit seppuku if she saw.

Heh, I only check my mail once or twice a month…
I’d be a terrible teacher xd

Edit: just noticed this is the same as what Shatter already advised. :man_facepalming:

Changing some of your preferences, to determine what is classed as a new post - might help you manage things. It’s in the notifications submenu (2):

And in the categories section (4) you can mute certain categories completely if you know you have no interest (eg. Guild Recruitment if you have no need of a guild).

How I’m not a regular?

you need to have read 50% of all posts made in the past 100 days, as well as visited 50 out of those hundred days. it might be that you don’t get notified of new posts being made in topics you haven’t interacted with. in any case, i would guess that it’s those two requirements you don’t fulfill.

Omg ty

that be basically cheating to prolong your regular lfespan

Dismiss != reading

he said mark as read
not put down the dumpster daddy

Mark as read != reading smh