Hey I just randomly thought of an idea for UT trading. Not sure if it's good? 'Trader Gnome'

Yeah I was going way overboard, this is a really convoluted solution. X)

If you simply made it so every UT is only tradable once and then becomes SB, then you would have essentially the same result as with a full un-SB with duped shit flowing through the market.

Trof’s idea of a time limit is unpractical for a variety of reasons. What if you get stuck in Account in use for 10 minutes while nexusing with your shiny new UT? What if you get a Bracer for example, wanna trade it for whatever reason but don’t wanna abandon the Shatters in case you get more good loot? Also, wouldn’t it be possible for a hacker to either remove the timer or extend it indefinitely?

Not unless existing UT’s are all SB and only newly looted UT’s are allowed to be traded.

such big messages, kinda hard to join in without reading all of the messages, but they’re all soooo long, prevents newer conversation joiners from contributing b/c you dont want to repeat something, someone else said…

Sorry for the off-topic

And since you didn’t fix duping, those will get duped and we’d end up with the exact same situation.

The OP for this thread was already a pretty convoluted idea to begin with, so I don’t know how we could really explain it more simply.

After years of UTs being SB and conversations on how and why to un-SB them, newcomers have to accept that pretty much everything they can think of won’t be original. That shouldn’t stop them from saying it anyway though, maybe the conversation could end up in a new, unexplored place, or at least they personally would learn something.

Did you miss the part where I said UT’s would become SB after being traded?

If they become SB after one trade, sure they’ll get duped, but they won’t become available to the economy.

the thought was this message was for general comments on all topics and the problem with long discussions

Except for the part where you forgot duping doesn’t require trading to work, as evidenced by several past duping methods. Hell, at one point it got so bad you could literally just download a hacked client and type /dupe to dupe items.

As far as I know, the Oryx dupe was the main form of duping up until now. While I have no knowledge in this area, are you aware of any dupe methods currently being used that don’t involved trading?

I’m not a fucking undercover agent in duping forums, man. I don’t know what the RWT shops know, and I don’t care enough to put actual effort into discovering it.

What I do know, however, is that several old duping methods worked without trading, and that every single time people go “oh but surely duping can’t come back THIS TIME, right??”, it does.

Lmfao, by that argument, UT trading can never really be simplistic until duping is completely fixed. Which is never. You’d some super convoluted solution with specific circumstances so only a small portion of the player-base can actually trade them.

Yes, if only someone could come up with such a solution. But where, oh where could we possibly find such a thing??

I actually have another ‘great’ idea lol. How about deca set up a system where by once a UT has dropped in a white bag, you will have an option to either collect it or send it to the mega UT vault! So it’s sorta like a UT ‘trading hall’ as in other games. However, it will only be possible to deposit UTs into this ‘trading hall’ when the UTs are still in their white bags. The option to deposit will only appear when standing over a white bag with the UT inside. (Or maybe just give the UT a timer of 10 mins to deposit before it becomes soulbound).

From this trading hall the owner will be able to set his selling price and buyers can browse to see what they can buy.

I don’t know how big of an issue it will be to manage the entire rotmg population though. If it indeed is an issue maybe they can make the ‘trading halls’ guild based. That way every guild will have their own trading hall sort of like the notice board in the guild hall.

It will definitely prevent duping because the only way you can trade it is if it’s fresh from the white bag. That way guildies can share UTs they get or trading guilds can be formed for people to buy/sell. (Just got my 4th dbow today this month, if I could I would give it to my newer guildies) and once a UT is bought it can no longer be sold again.

The con is that I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement a system like this. I’d imagine it to be quite simple with just a small database to store UT information relating to which player that owns it. Adding in a little interface to be able to change the price. But I’m no programmer.

i cant see any probs with it rn, but i dont know much about these things, but i sorta like the aspect of uts of being not tradeable, dont get me wrong, i would love to get all the whites i havent got (most of them), and i definately have the richess to buy them, but, the bragging rights is different and its not as rewarding.

@Scorchmist maybe they could make it so that once a UT is sent into the trading hall it would add an overlay of a light tint over the UT indicating that it has been traded. This would differenciate people who trade UTs and those who feel the accomplishment from getting one! Would that be enough to maintain the novelty of a self found UT? :smiley:

I understand that UTs serve as a form of accomplishment and I respect that! But sometimes I just want to experience new content and stuff in the game in a different way and with UT trading I wouldn’t have to grind a certain event for a Long time just for the chance that I might or might never get it, especially now where almost all events die so fast. But with the light tint differentiating between traded UTs and self obtained UTs people who got it from a drop would still feel special. If they want to go one step further they could reskin the UTs and projectiles for self obtained UTs and keep the current skins for traded ones, though this might take abit more work.

well it would fix the issue, but reskinning is not neccarsary.

Although im my opinions there isnt that much probs with that, it just feel…off?

I haven’t read all of the messages because they were long, repetitive, and didn’t seem to get very far, but from what I have read so far has given me a picture of the predicament. Picture a triangle and at each endpoint it has one of the following words: economy, tradable UTs, and obtained items. In what I’ve read everyone is trying to satisfy all 3, but if you only pick two of them then there is a much clearer, concise answer. Say you want tradable UTs and the items that you’ve obtained legitamently, then you can have that, but the economy will be in ruin until all the duped UTs are gone via deaths with them or what not. If you want an economy that isn’t in shambles and obtained items, then that’s what we have currently but the inability to trade UTs. Lastly, if you want a good economy and tradable UTs, then the only solution I have for that is to get rid of all of the duped items by having Deca make new severs that only new accounts can play on. Unless someone can make a situation where all 3 are satisfied, then these are the best ideas we’ve got.

to make it simple to you, these r the suggestions of the author after reading the suggestions

I didn’t think of making onky new UTs tradable. It covers all the bases, good economy, tradable UTs, and you keep your items. Now all you need is for Deca to see this and consider it. I should really read the whole post next time. Thanks for the summary Scorch.

i get you, when coming into a super long discussion.

surprised no one else has commented on the idea?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.