HMU with some advice please :P [Getting better at the game]

So I’ve been playing for ~2 years now, and I’ve been struggling. I’ve only ever had 2 7/8s and after those 2 died, I haven’t been able to create a character above 1/8. I feel like my skill is dropping by the days. Even if I only go into the dungeons that drop the pot that I’m trying to max (e.x. sprite worlds for dex), I still manage to play like a bag of crap and die. My luck is also garbage, cause I can’t find any good items anywhere, even when I’m getting maxed out dps in a dungeon. My loot game weak af and I’m weak af.

You should check out bluenoser’s guide: http://bluenosersguide.weebly.com/

Just keep playing (you will eventually get the loot you want)
but, if you are not having fun and are completely bored take a break

Capitalize on all these events (like Halloween), even if you arnt the luckiest person
I guarantee you will get plenty of pots, loot, and whites from them

Played every single day on the wlab/cdepths event and got 1 doku, 2 mana and 1 life.
In other words, GARBAGE.

Doesn’t matter how many days you play. It matters how many dungeons you’ve done.

i’m honestly surprised nobody has mentioned this.

max a 4/8 character (def, att, spd, dex). then go to lost halls in a discord server like pub halls, lost boys, etc. don’t go to elitist servers with only 20-30 people runs. if you’re looking to learn, do them in a big group. it helped me with dodging, monitoring my hp, and reacting to enemy shots. good luck buddy! :heart:

I would do halls all the time, but my internet is usually at ~500 ping on a good day. If you’ve ever asked guill to dance in the ghall, that’s how my gameplay is.

If your internet is a problem, try Ethernet instead of Wifi.

As for gameplay tips, try playing Sorcerer, Necromancer, or Paladin. They’re great classes with good DPS and survivability.
Additionally, tops are dirt cheap right now, so it oughtn’t be hard to get equipment.
Heck, hit me up if you’re going with Pally, I think I’ve still got a spare Acclaim and Acrop.

Edited title for clarity

If it’s your skills.
-Stop sucking.
If it’s your mentality.
-Get a girlfriend or listen to some chill music.
If it’s your internet.
-Better service or ethernet.
If it’s your character preference.
-Change up your characters.

If it’s the toxic RotMG community as a whole.
-Log off now and do not come back for awhile. Clear your head.

Make a sorceror.
Join Fame Rush Discord.
When train is up, join for dungeons.
Priorities in order, sprite, snake, udl.
Do not Abyss or Sewers with lag!
In the train spam your scepter for pots.
Trade dex/spd/wis when maxed for vit/att, def, life (8:1) or gear (Recomp, T5/T6, Gsorc, Exa HP) using Realmeye and USW2.
Keep repeating the easiest dungeons… With Trix it takes me 5-8 mins to make equivalent to a life pot via sprite worlds in trains…

Oh…oh my god.
I’m coming upon a revelation. This is EXACTLY how I will get better at the game! This advice has cleared my mind and made me understand just what I need to improve on and how to get good. I’m going to go right now and max 20 characters to 8/8 in two minutes. Thank you, Brockcool, for your insightful answer and boundless intelligence. I feel like a new man.

jokes aside apart from the first point that’s good advice I would follow

You’re welcome. I find that if people just stopped sucking in general, the internet wouldn’t be toxic.

lol, @brockcool & @Orsome Lets not get into a fight.

Btw, @DatCooiwer, I was in this position for a good while as well, so I can relate. I suppose Ill try to fit this into a nice little paper in 15-ish minutes cuz then I got to go to practice. Ok, here goes.

1. Get friends/a guild.
    I know it might be tough, since a lot of good guilds require some reqs, but there are a few out there that dont. Heh, believe it or not, I once had one of the best guilds in USMW I think, Divinus Phasmatus, a LONG time ago, with Scorchmist and dudes like that. But back to the point, try and get in touch with a nice guild. While a lot of the guilds are formed by founders that don’t know what to do, every now and then a red star with some determination or a white star that wants to hang out will make a guild that will help start players out. That’s how I met OgTheWeak, one of the oldest players still around.
    He made a guild called “Feeble”, which had the motto “We were all noobs once” and was dedicated to helping out players that needed it. I honestly don’t think I would have made it to red star without him and the dudes. Idk.

2. Try and take it slower.
    I understand the want and need to try and get good loot, but seriously, just play the game at a nice pace. I dont know whether or not you have a good pet (Ill get into that later) but a pet does help you start out, even if it’s just a common. If your the kind of player that likes to play for a long while (2+ hours) then I would recommend just doing simple dungeons at first. It will be easier to do a simple snake pit or magic woods than try and do a shatts just because everyone else is. The need to rush forwards and advance quickly is what causes a lot of quick deaths.

3. If you’re really ticked after a death or something, hop off.
    I remember a really bad day back in my blue star days. I lost all 3 of my characters, 6/8, 3/8, and something else in one day. I got more heated after every single death, which kind of caused a domino effect. You play far more concentrated when your fresh from a break. It’s like trying to run a race better literally right after you’ve lost one, it’s hard, and it only makes you feel worse trying again. Now, I’m not saying give up, I’m just saying not to push yourself too far. It’ll just make things worse.

I might put some more later, but this is nice and small.

Um, not sure if this statement is a blood-thirsty triggering response to @Orsome.

Also not sure if halfelf saw this lol

Edit: Or this

It was a joke mb

I sent you an invite to a guild that’s recruiting for newer players. Hopefully they can help you out. GL m8

I’m actually a knight rn :stuck_out_tongue:

I could probably give you some pretty good tips on how to get better. First off, don’t do lhs or shatts or any high level dungeon on a completely unmaxed character. I am a massive victim to this and I know I should be focusing on maxing, but I just find it to be way to tedious. To this day I still have yet to 8/8 a character, though that is basically just because I can barely do 5 snake pits without joining the lhs afk check, or trying to solo a lhs on an unmaxed character. Second, I would recommend choosing a character with very high survivability, mainly necro or priest. They both have the ability to heal, and a necro has some nice damage with the skull. I was at a point where I was just struggling in general a couple years ago, and I found I had the highest success with both of them. Third, if you really have trouble maxing, use a character to max another. If you have two char slots you can put the first to a warrior for the easy dungeon clearing, and the second to whatever you like/have the most gear for. That way you don’t risk loosing the character your maxing. Lastly, try maxing a character with friends by doing a ppe with them. It makes maxing so much less tedious. Guilds are a great way to make friends in the game, so definitely find one that is active and has a discord. If you want I could help you max a character thats 0/8. I definately need someone to do dungeons with, since my currently guildies and friends dont usually max characters from scratch. I am still on my quest to overcome my procrastination and finally 8/8 a character so I can no longer feel like I’m worse then Nigel.

Edit: I can also relate to the horrible luck with loot. While I might have 2 wands of the fallen, gotten 2 togas and an edictum from septavius, and got the midnight star and draconic helm from ivory wyvern, I have only gotten 1 dbow, 1 planewalker, and still have yet to see a single ep, dblade, or void blade. Its like the game teases me for not getting a single 8/8