How are your keyboard controls laid out?

So I saw this thread and thought “I bet there are some people out there who have some very strange/interesting layouts for they controls.”

So along came this thread.

That do your keyboard layouts look like? If you’re interested in sharing, I’ve made this little picture so you can easily color in the keys to show what is what, or you could just type it out or even post a screenshot of your in-game settings!

I’m just curious how other people do things, as I know most people have told me my rotate keys are whack.

Anyways, here’s mine:

What Are Your Hotkeys?
Option menu not working?

Wait wtf, how do you aim when rotating lol

Auto fire, place mouse, rotate.

I played with a PS3 controller for about 2 months was really fun.

Yea, like Shatter said, I just turn on auto fire with my cursor in front of me.
I pretty much only rotate in Wine Cellars.

I use basically default controls, but with interact binded to shift, and I bind hp pot, mp pots, autofire, and nexus onto my mouse. Really convenient.

Do you use an AHK for the mouse binds I assume?

I like the idea, especially with the visualised keys!
Here’s mine:

Keyboard is from wikipedia, incase anyone wants to use it as well. :slight_smile:

This is a couple years old but it’s pretty much unchanged.

Nope, logitech mouse, the software it comes with directly allows binding the extra keys it has.

X -                 Left click
Right analog -      Mouse
Left analog -       Movement
L3 -                Nexus 
Triangle -          auto fire
Square -            HP pot
Circle -            MP pot
R1 -                Rotate
L1 -                Rotate
R2 -                Ability
L2 -                Ability 

G700/G700s I assume? If so, how do you like it? I’ve been thinking about picking one up more for productivity than gaming (and the sweet flywheel scroll wheel).

As a matter of fact…why yes, yes there are.

The first thing you have to do is revisit the concept of WASD as movement keys. This puts your pinky over Caps Lock, Left Shift, and Tab—some pretty useless keys. So, the first thing I did was remapped my movement keys to ESDF. This opens up the QAZ keys, and actually allows your pinky to be useful:

Keys Function
A Nexus Note that my pinky is always hovering over my nexus key.
ESDF Movement
WR Rotation
ZX 56 Hotkeys (for emergency consumables, if any)
CV HP/MP pots
Q Snap to 0° rotation
Spacebar Use ability

Note that this puts the most useful controls under the most easily-reached keys, and I can nexus at any time with no finger movement required:

Other interesting keys include:

Keys Function
1234 1234 Hotkeys
G Buy/Interact for quick dungeon entry
B Toggle view centered vs. offset
T Switch tabs important for moving things to/from backpacks
YH Minimap zoom but mouse scrollwheel works better

Got a new laptop, tips?

Honorable mention to Sloots old rotmg setup

People say I have pretty awkward keys.

Shift and F are my rotate keys, not shift and R

I dunno if that’s a joke but that’s pretty normal.

No, I’m serious.

I just have it normal but with 1 and 2 zooming in and out of the minimap, respectively. I feel that a lot of people don’t make use of the minimap as much as they should tbh, you can see gods on there before you can see them yourself! HP pots on F, another underused thing. Whenever I see people drop to 200 and they’re not spamming HP pots i’m like… :o. I feel like this is mainly a problem among divine pet users who never need to use HP pots, thus them never getting used.

We do, we just use the mouse wheel!

To scroll? I play on kongregate so I might accidently scroll downwards, hence me using 1 & 2. Also, I play with red MX Cherrys (Fastest mechanical key) on my keyboard so I think i’m able to pop all 5 faster than I’d be able to on a mouse wheel… Not sure though.

Wow, I never thought about doing that. It’s a pretty great idea, I think I’ll give it a shot