How to find Manor trooms without breaking the walls

So, I didn’t know what to put for the title, but whatever.

Greetings people! I am Sturky, and a few folk might remember this guide I made back on the Kabam forums, but i’m here today to teach you how to find trooms in Manors without breaking every single bookshelf you come across. There’s multiple ways to tell, and there might be more that I missed, so if you know anything that I don’t, then mention it!

First off, since some people don’t even know where trooms can even spawn, they can only spawn in bookcase groups of exactly 4, no more, no less, and there will only be a troom if that group of bookcases is located in the center of that side of the wall, there also cannot be trooms connected to Lord Ruthven’s room, or south of a room.

Option 1: Abilities:

Most realm players probably know that you can only use abilities on tiles, but not outside of the map, but this can be used to find manor trooms, since if there isn’t a troom beyond the bookcase, then you can’t use your ability on the bookcase, a notable example is the wizard, if you can land a perfect spellbomb on a bookcase, then there’s something beyond, if you can’t don’t bother.

Option 2: Hardware Acceleration:

There isn’t much to say here, but for those with computers of the less optimal variety, ( Like me ) this option may prove useful to you, if you have Hardware Acceleration on, and you rotate the camera behind a bookshelf, then you’ll be able to see tiles underneath them! But only if there’s a troom back there, if there isn’t, then you won’t see tiles under it.

Option 3: Floor Textures:

If you’re rushing a Manor, this isn’t the option for you, as you have to look closely at the floor, but basically, when the floor is connected to a wall, there’s a bit of a dark border around it, but only if it’s connected to the wall, as such, trooms are an exception to this IF there is one behind the bookcases.

No Troom Present:

Troom Present:

That’s all I’ve really been able to find across my manor travels, yet I still don’t even bother looking for the trooms, as they’re so worthless.

But there is one last thing to note: I don’t know how or why this happens, but i’ve seen the darker floor texture on some of the bookcases and not others, If you see this at all, there will not be a troom behind it, don’t bother breaking it.

You forgot some of the most useful indicators.

• they only spawn to the north and west of rooms
  • there are only two or three types of rooms they are attached to
  • they only appear if there is enough space

Basically you can ignore bookcases except in the two or three types of rooms they appear in, if there is space for them. Then I just look at the shadow, or lack of it, to indicate the presence of one behind the bookcase.

Wasn’t aware that they couldn’t spawn to the east, but looking back on it, i’ve never seen one to the east, so I suppose that’s true.

As for the rooms, are there certain rooms that you’re referring too that they can’t spawn in? Because most of the rooms are incredibly obvious that they either can or cannot spawn in them.

Most rooms have no such bookcases: they have none, or have walls covered in bookcases, or just 2-wide ones.

But of the rooms with four-wide bookcases, some never have hidden rooms attached. E.g. one I can think of and try and describe is one with four bookcase blocks, with two additional ones to either side of it. That never has a hidden room behind it. Once you eliminate those I think there’s only two rooms that can have hidden rooms attached: a north-south corridor and an east-west aligned rectangular room.

One of the most likely rooms to have one is the first room you come to, if it’s an east-west aligned room with a bookcase straight ahead of you. Or at least I often seem to find them there.

But would one waste his/her time with manor trooms?

Perhaps if one is desperate for feed power.

I did a total of 300 manors an the only useful thing I ever got from a coffin was a treasure (and a few daggers).
Its a complete waste of time.

All of the UTs except Puri drop from the coffins, at a much lower rate than from the boss but they do drop. I’ve gotten at least one of the wand/robe/ring (can’t remember which), not that long ago.

They give the other setpieces than puri, don’t they? Those are decent fp.

Yes but they seem to drop at the rate comparable to most whitebags.

Deal breaker. This is why I don’t ever do them.

Considering that the Manor Event Chest just rolled around, why not give this thread a bump? People need to know this to make their farming that much smoother.

true

but the same people probably watched MotherShip’s video

Who?

Linking to event thread, so that this guide will show up in the reverse “related” links directly beneath the event post.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.