I found a new form of Scam-hacking

I was just scammed of all my pots by a person who traded me, selected a life pot, and instantly accepted, i accepted with my pots, but he took my pots and kept the life pot, let me remind you that he did SELECT the life pot and it didn’t trade to me, what kind of new form of scamming is this, it’s kinda op for hackers…

Hacked Clients and Trading

Do you have video/pictures… without those it is very hard to accept this kind of accusation.

It happened in the trading server, I don’t have any screenshots because it happened nearly instantly, but I can assure that it DID happen, I don’t care for my pots to be returned, Im just heads uping people who can get EASILY scammed by it.

What pots did you offer him?

3 def 1 atk 2 spd

That is a terrible offer and that is screaming “scam”, no one in their right mind would sell a life for around 5 def.

I understand that much, even I questioned it, but what the trade should’ve given me, didn’t give me
He took the pots even with the life selected. It’s odd that something like this exists.

I’ve seen posts about this multiple times on both the forums and Reddit there has never been proof provided and there is nothing on the hacking forums about such thing therefore I am led to believe that everyone that thinks they have experienced this just got deselect scammed.

Right thread this time

@Thedrdu :heart:

I wish I had proof, I cna assure that it was selected, eh, I don’t really care about the pots, put this post in the WC xD

That new profile image is glorious

Dude, the SAME exact thing happened to me the other day! This dude offered me a Life pot for my Mantle Of Skuld, and it WAS highlighted! But when we both clicked accept, my Mantle was gone and I had NO Life pot! It is some sort of hack where they can deselect their item with NO cooldown, and click accept before you have a chance to notice! ANYONE who thinks this is fake can ask Beige! YES! That’s right! @Beige the Sprite artist! @Beige can attest to this FACT! I was talking with him in ASE Nexus the very day that the Summer Nexus was launched, and he confirmed it! I know he remembers me because my priest sold him a Spd pot for a Dex pot!

There’s been no cool down deselect forever. That’s not what op is saying

Ask @Beige if you don’t believe me. He can confirm every word of what I’m saying man.

Yeah you’re talking about no cool down deselect. We’ve known of this

But @Thedrdu is right! Your new profile picture IS glorious! :slight_smile:

No, I’m talking about the hack that this post is talking about! @Beige knows about it! He told me that he has seen it!

Do you remember the scammer’s name?

Is this what happened to you? @IceWhirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BAuU07BsE
Says it only works on people with hacked clients…

Busted?

Yeah, this has been around forever, too. If you use a hacked client that allows you to bypass the trade timer, another person can use a client that deselects and trades immediately, and your client will simply accept and -poof-, you’ve been “scammed”.

I have never seen someone who was using the “official” client get deselect scammed by any method other than their own inattention.

Hacked Clients and Trading