I made a simple guide for The Nest!

Hope I didn’t skim too much info but hope it gives a good enough guide for you to clear the dungeon easily

I’d recommend you don’t mix these two

People looking for guides don’t care about you and don’t want random chatter in the BG

So the video now just becomes a playthrough since the chatter is there? Would you prefer the in-game audio muted and replaced with music instead?

As stated in the title it’s a play through + guild, my advice is to simply not mix those. You can obviously make a playthrough that can be helpful but probably shouldn’t put guide in the title.

I’d prefer voice over but considering you’re in BB I doubt there would be a voice over :P.

so mousic.

this video has a pretty good structure for a guide

Well it wouldn’t really be a guide if it is a playthrough unless you have two seperate sections of the video, one for the guide and one for playthrough. I wouldn’t really count this as a guide because you barely give info on clearing to the boss, stats of the enemies, what classes that are recommended, etc. You also didn’t give much on attack patterns of the boss, just tips. Also, you didn’t give anything on the sideboss/troom. I wouldn’t count this really as a guide, but just a playthrough.

Best guide out there imo

Regardless if it’s a guide or a playthrough it does give a lot of useful information.
Now I can actually enter a nest with something resembling confidence.

I enjoy the dungeon a lot, I like how a lot of the enemies can drop good loot not just the bosses. It makes it somewhat worthwhile even if you have to nexus half way through.

I like that you feel like you should make a guide, it’s a nice notion towards helping the community.

However, it must be said that a guide for a game like ROTMG is not a playthrough, people looking for a guide do not want to watch you clear the dungeon, they want to know and see specifically what each enemy does. People want to see shot patterns, behaviors, clear explanations voiced over by someone who understands what is going on in the dungeon. For instance, if someone wanted a guide to the shatters, they would not be looking for someone running through the shatters with their guild, with little blerbs showing up at the bottom of the video when a new enemy is encountered like a tool tip. What they would want is actual information that they can keep in mind when they go into the dungeon, such as that blues cannot be stunned and reds cannot be paralyzed. In many ways I hesitate to call this a guide, and the only part of it that I think is actually useful is the boss fight but even then I hesitate to call it useful. There is not enough clear information for me to favor this guide over one that is more constructed with actual voice overs and pictures of each shot sprite. For instance, at about 7:05 into the video, when the boss starts shooting the red shots, I would want to know what each shot there actually does, damage, status effects, everything, not simply “oh just avoid the shots” because obviously you would avoid basically any shot.

I could go on, but to wrap it up, this is a bad guide and you should either redo it or take “guide” out of its title. You should also take “thorough” out of the forum post because that is not, by any stretch of the imagination, what this is.

Pretty sad that it was not up to your expectations of a good guide :frowning:
but am really glad you took the time to explain what you would expect from the video, it was very detailed and I’ll be sure to keep them in mind for my next videos! So thanks for providing great feedback for me to work on.

On a small note, I felt that the notes at Phase 1 already mentioned that the colored shots from the boss were corresponding to the status effects the bees gave. It was the same for Phase 4, but I see why I should make the information clearer and just say “This goes the same through all phases”.

you dont need music, most people just use shitty dubstep anyway [hopefully not you]
great vid

Hey grtr :wave:
Welcome to the forums!
Have a cookie :cocktail:

Btw nambs is a mod here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Haven’t seen the vid yet. But maybe a voiceover would make it more guide-like?

Edit : this vid is guidelike enough. Voiceover would help though. Also maybe give info on the shots each minion fires - but even if you don’t you’re letting us know what each minion does so it’s good enough imo.

Yeah voice over is totally an option but my accent is horrible imo lmao, I know a lot of people don’t like Asian accents ;p
I’d probably consider later, especially after getting a good mic.

are you kidding? you guys are all speaking “Asian” throughout the whole thing!

and, let’s call it how it is and not mask this a guide, instead of another reason to boast

mind you, very few of you are even individually that good - yea, i said it (i had to be the one to teach a lotta people, including the founder)

you guys are getting way into yourselves and the old days and humble beginnings of oppai stars and nin guild are dead

ask yourself: what’s the difference between this vid, and every other “nest coverage” vids out there?

this thread is a joke, and it’s less about helping, and more about flaunting

less showing off, more helping

This got far out from the topic and went to becoming a hate post against the guild lel. There were no true intentions of them boasting throughout the whole vid unless you’re a super hater and them completing the newest “hard dungeon” in the game and posting it here is boasting for your eyes then just do that shit in game because not all the people look at this at boasting and actually probably just watching too see this dungeon done clean and/or efficient. Yes the only guides were about which each thing does or what phase does what but you could’ve just pointed that out instead of this random ass hate post. No I am not siding with them but this post is just out of hand.

Just ignore him tbh. Keep the post on-topic as much as we can.

@Bonzomi keep makings vids man, don’t let a hater or two get you down.
atleast you can do the friggin dungeon. I keep on dying off before I can stash enough to rebuild

Glad you found a good guild my friend :slight_smile:

Also I don’t personally mind accents. You do you my man.

it’s Azn btw if you didn’t realize

Speaking English in an Asian accent and speaking native Asian languages are very different. Surely you’d understand how Americans trying to speak Japanese (also vice versa) are like nails on chalkboard to some people.

I’ve only joined the guild for about one month ago and I have no idea what these oppai stars and nin guild are. Also recording and making this video was my own decision with their consent, I’m just a nobody player who came back from a 2 year hiatus. There’s no reason to flaunt, but I can summarize your whole post as “Add more details of the dungeon to the video”.

I feel the same way about Americans attempting to speak other Asian languages.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.