Ice Cave #2

I was mainly talking about the staff anyways

Not sure what youā€™re trying to say here

Yes, I read that somewhere after posting. Also confirmed it soloing with a Sorc. Took a long time each vulnerable phase but there were only 2 before the final dance.

@Krathan I love to see how you guys are revisiting old dungeons that need rework, ice cave was one of those things where itā€™s not easier or really harder just takes away from the tedious and unrewarding task of doing an ice cave. Would like to see LoD and shatters and any other place that has a chest for loot revisitied. (although I donā€™t know about shatters the community seems to be fairly happy with what it is now. )

Of dungeons that really need a rework, that would be the LoD, shatters could be fine for now however. (although it could use revisioning further down the road)

When it comes to dungeon reworks/fixes, LoD is definitely next on the list.

The new ice cave is way better than the previous one, but there is still things to improve IMO:

• Slightly reduce the spawn rate/damage of the ice.
  • The new boss fight is more fair for small groups, but itā€™s still very boring, itā€™s almost Lord Ruthven 2.0, you clear around the boss, then you hit the boss, then you clear, then you hit the boss, done, loot. Something has to be changed to make it looks like a real battle.

Esbenā€™s erratic movement makes him hard to hit for classes with a slower fire rate (Doom Bows, Swords, the new ST Wand). Removing his Paralyze immunity, however, seems like too strong of a buff for a dungeon as hard as the Ice Cave.
Therefore, I propose lowering his base movement - by, say, 50%, but also making him Slow immune. This allows even a solo - like a petless Archer one I did, with no ring and only a Covert, shameless flexing - to not be frustratingly long without a Slow-inflicting ability.

The new enemies are very well-made. I like that thereā€™s now a more common Status effect instead of bumping into some Purple Shuriken and rolling a dice on getting Confused, Unstabled, or Dazed.
The Lizicleā€™s shot pattern is dodgable if you know what youā€™re doing, but punishes you heavily otherwise, which is a nice design.
The Iceion is a tad weird in my opinion - chasing from a certain distance after entering a ā€œRageā€ phase just seems a bit off. Iā€™d suggest lowering its base chase speed, but make it chase players immediately once it enters ā€œRageā€.

I canā€™t wait for the Staff rework enough, mine has been collecting dust sinceā€¦

ā€¦the end of December 2016. I did not expect it to be that old.

OOF spoilers lol

Ooh, I look forward to seeing what is done to make it actually viable for people to do. Or in my case being able to possibly not just be screwed out of a dungeon simply because there isnā€™t enough damage.

Dang it. Why only 1-2 days for testing? I didnā€™t get to test Ice Cave. Was too busy testing Mountain Temple and LH 2.0 (which takes a long time considering I have to solo because everyone else dies).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.