If DECA left the armor of Nil untouched from Halls 1.0, what makes it *that good*? why is it tailored to non-bow classes?

Archer/huntress have the least spd, more range than either ninja or the dagger classes, and have more piercing overall than the dagger classes. Both Ninjas and the dagger classes have far more mobility than either Huntress or Archer. I get that this set (specifically the lack of range on void bow/quiver) wants you to go deep for either the quiver (which, tbh, still does ~900 damage at 7.2 range w/ 2 shots) or the piercing on dat void bow (psst, the efficiency of piercing and range are closely intertwined), but… I just don’t get why I wouldn’t use Beehemoth armor, lettuce armor or wyrmhide/hydra over this.

Also, the full archer set gives +2 spd overall, but I think I’d rather swap out the nil for a leaf hide and maybe the sourcestone for a gemstone. -60 hp and -2 def for +11 spd. Maybe I’m dumb and all my opinions are wrong, I’m not sure. Thoughts?

Ultimately, the set and the stats it emphasizes should be up to the user and tailored for their playstyle. If you are good at dodging and see the spd as more worthwhile, then go for it. Archer and huntress would certainly make better use of the spd than other leather classes (who already have a lot of spd and usually focus on survivability through def and hp), since they can stay back and don’t have to tank as many hits.

UT sets don’t always go great together. They often have a certain theme to them (speed with the coral huntress set, damage with ghost trickster set, etc.), but rarely do the items themselves work great with one another, usually because they are good at only certain things. I do think that the items in the Lost Halls sets generally tend to work pretty well together, but it ultimately comes down to what you value as a player. Do you like to go deep and shred everything? The void archer set is right for you. Do you like to stand back and snipe from afar? Use a dbow along with a spd-based set. Do you like both? Have a varied set and bring swapouts. It’s up to you as a player.

Do whatever you want lol, items rarely matter in the grand scheme of things.

do you actually mean “in the grand scheme of things”, or “lel xd individual dps doesn’t matter”? I’ve only heard that in pub halls and tmk that’s no coincidence.

Edit: I solo a fair bit of stuff so obv. it’s gonna have that much more impact, but… yeah.

I mean the fact that items make tiny differences and you can use whatever the fuck you want because it has very little impact on gameplay overall.

Sourcestone would work much better than Gemstone, because most of the time HP is more important than DEF. Those rings are legit same, except that Gemstone has 6 DEF instead 110 HP.

Not all items make tiny difference, some make bigger than you think. I’ll give you example, full health knight set (Ogmur, Bplate and Deca) Would make you survive a lot more, than without those items. Or Void bow and Regular T13 bow, Void bow is ofc. better, but with a cost of range which will change your game style on archer/huntress by a lot if you’ve been using T13 bow or Cbow, tshot, dbow. etc. before.

I completely agree… if you have a sufficient pet though.

Nil is okay. I mess around with the full set from time to time, it’s not great and it just makes me want to go back to wyrm and a deca.

And while I’m at it fuck void bow, the quiver is the only part of the set that belongs on archer, and it is actually a pretty lit quiver.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.