In Combat duration calculation is wrong?

I happened to notice this a day ago or so about IC/OoC. While the current formula for IC duration (by seconds) is 7-(0.05*Vit), but something is not right here. How so you may ask? The IC timer only scales with characters’ vitality, but without the equipment bonuses.

Example: A maxed Ninja (60 Vitalities to start with, that translates to 4 second IC duration) with Sawblade + DCircle + Fitted Constructed Vest + UBVit gives total of 85 Vitalities. In theory, we have 2.75 seconds of IC duration for that Ninja.

Now getting hit by O2’s sun explosion that deals 100 AP damage per bullet split. Hovering the cursor to sword icon, we see that the IC duration for a Ninja is still 4 seconds. Yes, I kept my cursor on the icon and get hit again, still 4 seconds.

Is this a coding error, an intentional feature or somefing else?

Edit: Experimented it again and it turns out the formula that was disclosed from the patch note is wrong.

[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!
In combat duration discoverability

do you have evidence?(video or screenshot, preferably video.)

while you might actually be speaking truth, for all i know, you could be lying.
i just want confirmation, tis all.

Yep I was wrong. It does scale with Vitality (with equipment bonus). But the formula… that’s wrong too. The actual formula for IC duration is 7-(0.04*Vit). IDK why Deca made this mistake on the patch note but either way…

Here is the video:

Tiered Rings Rebalance

I don’t doubt your reasoning, but it is highly unusual for DECA to state it works one way but implement it another. It could be just it was changed quite late in the game, maybe even after release, and the notes were not updated. Or there might be something more complex, like equipment is treated differently from base VIT, or it’s non-linear like the damage threshold to trigger IC. We definitely could do with DECA confirming this, and perhaps updating their release notes.

Actually one of the biggest problems with how its implemented is highlighted by your video. Unlike the damage threshold there’s no easy way to see how VIT affects IC duration.

This is a major flaw in the game, as normally it’s possible to see how abilities impact the game. You increase your DEF you take less damage. You increase your SPD you go faster. ATT and DEX boost your weapon damage/speed, VIT and WIS boost your HP/MP regen.

Wismod is more complex, and varies by class, but you can see its effects directly in the info for your equipped ability, as you e.g. swap out different WIS items. You can similarly see how DEF affects IC damage threshold (and you can easily see its effects as you notice what it takes to put you In Combat).

But there’s nowhere to see the effect of VIT on IC duration. Not without doing what you do in that video, i.e. not within normal play. It’s also hard to judge how long the duration is while playing, or at least hard to judge it well enough to tell how much any VIT boosting item helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.