Input lag with new computer (and low fps in general)

I’ve recently returned to rotmg with a new computer, hoping the lag would finally be gone. I used to play on the home imac, which usually ran smoothly in normal dungeons but would be hit by massive lag bursts every few minutes. Harder dungeons were pretty much unplayable due to super low fps.

Now I’m on an acer aspire 5 with an i5 8250u and 8GB of ram. I did expect it to run a lot smoother. While there aren’t any lag bursts so far, any time I go in an area with logs of players and enemies my movement goes all crazy and hardly follows what I’m doing with my keyboard. Even nexusing is super iffy. Fps is pretty bad too, but godlands is fine so far. I use steam.

The general consensus from past topics is to switch to flash player but I was wondering if there were any other fixues that have worked for people in the past.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I would just check your settings, firstly. make sure hardware accel is toggled on and all graphical settings are adjusted properly.

Check your CPU, RAM, and GPU usage. Make sure no tasks are running while you’re playing realm. Be sure to have your computer plugged in while you’re playing.

(I do suggest switching to flash, but hopefully these will work for you)

I had exactly the same problem two years ago and switching to flash projector seems to be the only solution.

The single core performance of that cpu is quite low which is what is leading to your low performance. That is my guess

This. Flash only utilizes a single core so if you don’t have a beefy CPU you’re kinda in shit city

cheers guys. For about an hour yesterday framerate was somehow super good and I could actually go into a nest for once without much lag or input lag. Now it’s back again and even godlands is super dodgy. Like the character movements don’t even remotely follow what I’m doing with the keyboard or mouse.

I’m assuming flash would be the best option at this point? rotmg is the only game i’m having input lag problems with.

wow ok WHAT apparently everything is fixed when i put the laptop on charge. Explains why it was so smooth yesterday.

Then this has to do with your power settings. Happens with my laptop too which is why I only played plugged in. Essentially while on battery your laptop limits performance so your battery doesn’t die too fast. You could try tinkering with settings if you play a lot when not charging, or just find more power outlets :wink:

:joy::joy:and here I was feeling dumb and thinking you probably already had it plugged in

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.