Is merching better than playing the game?

I mean Def to DECA isnā€™t that hard because as soon as you hit a Life it goes easy. I couldā€™ve done that at light blueā€¦

Now the UDL part is justā€¦

you guys forget how important merching is like when im a necromancer and need a skull i often have 2 buy it(its the same for a few classes) and if you use realm eye mainly 2 sell it doesnt take much time but you shouldnt rely on it and it is fun to make pots in like ive taken 1 def turned it into 3 mana buying and selling so imma say there both important and both vital parts of the game

These guys do have great gear and and great maxing potential, but letā€™s face it. These are the same types of people that die to enemies like Medusa,Cube Gods etc. Despite being in a crowd.

Iā€™ve made a 6/8 of every single class without trading so merching means nothing to me other then condensing worthless items to me.

Iā€™ve died to medusa in fame trains before

Everybody has -Stacked medusasā€¦
NIGHTMARE

you cant buy white bags

case closed :sunglasses:

in the old days you could

yes but not anymore

RIP the old days

this got wayyyy of topic and i donā€™t remember what i said exacty but i dont care how you play the game and merching can be fun i like dodging and shooting and i like selling and buying 2 make pots its a good feeling doubling your pots off of other players and realm eye here is awesome for it and makes it easy takes me 5sec 2 update offers you guys act like it takes hours

wooo we hit 500 votes

:slight_smile:

bumb

Iā€™ve only recently started playing this game again, my last account hasnā€™t been used since 2014. i was absolutely terrible at the game, and realised i could merch to get all that sick ninja gear (kek)ā€¦ i never had a class with more than one maxed stat, and had no skill to show for my full top loadout. now that Iā€™ve started playing again, the person who Iā€™ve been playing with is teaching me how to correctly do dungeons like tombs and shatters, and Iā€™m actually maxing characters myself, plus Iā€™m getting white bags that i never would have gotten by merching. tldr just fucking play and you wont have to ctrl v for hours to max an old tops char

Eh. I merched for a longass time, quit, then came back to a massive stockpile of lifes/ubhps/STs and actually began playing the game. Merching is boring, but it makes it so that you donā€™t have to experience that dreadful ā€œI have no way to rebuild after losing [insert character]ā€ feeling, which makes realm way more fun in my opinion.

Also, realmeye makes it so that you can merch while playing. Literally just buy STs/Skins for 1 life below market value and sell at 1 life above, and youā€™ll make 2 life per transaction. This is easily ~20-30 life a day on the side while grinding event dungeons or doing whatever.

Edit: reading the posts on the forum, it seems like people are merching by copypasting in USW2 nexus. This is such an incredible waste of time. Use realmeyeā€“it was designed to replace the clusterfuck that is the trading server. You will farm pots faster than if you stand in USW2 buying life pots for X def and selling for X+1.

tl dr merching sucks

I donā€™t think ā€œbetterā€ is even an accurate attribute. Trading is an integral part of RotMG and every other preceded action-RPG style game that ever existedā€¦ So much so that itā€™s even recognized as part of the quick OPTIONS mechanics here.
Iā€™m replying to your obscure definition of ā€œmerchā€, because what I quoted up above sounds more like ā€œin-game tradingā€, something I think everyone should take part in, and not see it as something that can make someone/something less desirable.
No one stands ALL DAY, though it might seem so when you take a quick stride by the market, and those that ARE in fact there all day, are bots, which Iā€™d classify as ā€œmerchingā€ since the word has a negative connotation, and bots are profiting unfairly.
But, yeah. You should give it a try and try selling some of your items for pots, or maybe even something that can be more useful to YOU in a given time. You might be surprised on how much faster youā€™d make progress. But, maybe notā€¦ opinions
~Life long RPG fan

Oh, my vote was ā€œneitherā€ so I didnā€™t enter.

Heheh just learn to max from scratch and you dont have that issue :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.