Is merching better than playing the game?

My friend @Ludfru and I had a debate whether merching is better or is playing the game better.

I said playing the game is better since you can get actually experience and fun while trading takes away the essence of the game. Playing the game means getting to know the game and getting good through friends and experience, not spamming B> life all day.

Ludfru’s argument:

So…

• Trading is better because you can max easily and play the game with a more safe approach and make even more cash.
  • Playing the actual game is better since you can get experience and enjoy the game while making allies.

0 voters

lol i love to see merchers build up an 8/8 for weeks on ends only to instantly lose it to something very stupid

id saying playing the actual game is fun, way more fun.

O2 lagg/framedrop

I might have said better than playing but I meant it’s easier to merch than farm dungeons.

Kids overmerching is the exact reason why I don’t trade anymore.

Besides, playing the game gives you invaluable experience with shot patterns, where stuff drops from, how different classes work, etc.

I hate merching. And I can’t believe it’s still a thing. (Just like PPEs. Jesus Christ, let’s give that a break already.)

would you rather play the game to build up your skill and experience or spend a morbid amount of time to get items to build up an illusion that you’re good

I like to do both. I merch when I’m bored and I don’t feel like I actually want to play. But most of the time I’m actually playing.

I find merching in this game quite fascinating, and i am proud for being a “sale hunter” and also give honest prizes and never scammed.
BUT
The game is not about merching right?

ngl i cant imagine anyone merching without using bots/scripts it just seems to monotonous to do and very boring. id rather grind dungeons for uts and do solo realms when im really really bored.

I’d rather get fame and game experience than spamming “enter, ctrl+v” all day.

Hope your friend enjoys dying to easy dungeons and having 0 whites. But all those life and ST’s are gonna save him in shatters and LH

[quote=“XDRDogex, post:1, topic:17397”]
Ludfru’s argument: Life > Living[/quote]
You can have a life, but are you living life if you don’t do anything.

Realm is Life, but living is to play realm

Still don’t think people know what I mean… Can’t blame it all on you all though because of the way Doge said it and may have been my fault for misleading him.

We know what you mean
merch to get the characters right?

Here’s the thing though…

Example
I died on my archer before my family went on vacation
Day I come back, I start dying

Experience in the realm is much better than a max character.
Playing constantly, in my opinion, is the only way to get better in the game (including items and stuff)

Not saying merching isn’t a valid strategy, it’s just you need to have a balance of merchingmhingarc for say, 2 hours and then playing on like a ppe.

It was a debate of merching vs farming which is easier and more effective (which I think he took as me proving how much superior I am, which I have claimed I am shit at everything). Many people took it as me at face value saying merching > playing the game.

oh…
Well merching is more productive then because you just put up a realmeye offer and do your homework.

I guess I could be biased. It’s just me farming unmaxed I found tedious and a pain and maxing def was a personal hell and merching made it simpler, though much more boring and could be missing out on cool stuff. My end game was to get a decent char and farm with it. Topic strayed really off track…

What about the option for buying all your items from Rea!mstock.com?

yeah people should do that 100%

:100: to :zero:

I found that when I was hacking, I was taking away the point of the game (stopped hacking a year ago). It took me awhile to gain my skill in order to get a 6/8 ppe. Merching does help but the game gets boring and you lose skill if the only thing you do is merch. You have to actually play the game to become good. If you don’t then what the point?

One does not simply play ROTMG just to merch and kill off their characters -Meme guy