Is Ogmur a place or a person?

What do you guys think?

A place, the description of the shield reads: ‘This massive shield was created for the wealthy and powerful Ogre kings as a sign of their unrivaled strength.’ This means Ogmur was probably inhabited by ogres.

The king of ogres was ogmur imo. When I saw the title I thought it was some noob that got it and was really confused

Btw that was me. I thought it was sorta meh for a UT when I was a little light blue star…

Im pretty sure the lost lands were once called ogmur

it’s a name

who says has to be either place or person >_>

the ogmur race is obviously analogous to the aryan race smh

If it was a race of creatures, wouldn’t it be called the “Shield of the Ogmurs”?

No that’s not necessary. At least it’s not necessary in the english language, maybe other languages need that distinction.

Would it not? “Shield of Human”, for example, would be incorrect. “Shield of the Humans”, on the other hand, would be okay.

The only possible thing that “Ogmur” could be is either the name of a place or the name of a creature/person (most likely an Ogre).

I misread your comment and didn’t realize you meant Ogmur as a fantasy race like orc

Third possibility: ogmur is a word in a fantasy language that’s not directly translatable into english.

Ogmur could be a title denoting a position superior to a king, like a king of kings, if the Ogres are organised into small kingdoms or clans, which is kinda a typical depiction of them in fantasy.

Realm has the Ogre King, and there are many of these in a single realm. So that’s one theory.
Ogre King

Though also could be one particular famed king named Ogmur, or the shieldsmith was named Ogmur, or the Ogres use “Ogmur” as a term to describe their own race (so meaning “Shield of Ogres”), or their rulers (so “Shield of the Ogre Kings”), or their country/lands, or their capital/palace/place of power. There are lots of possibilities.

Wiki: Ogre kings have unrivalled strength
Me: One shots it
what if ogmur had a 100 percent drop rate from ogre kings

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.