Join the Realmvolution

oh yeah I actually meant that

raised fists and “rise up” imagery had closely been related to communism in culture since the Cold War. Whether or not communist revolutions are the only to use such imagery, they are certainly the most prominent and well known and closely related to it on people’s minds today. In addition the style of this portrayal of fists closely resembles that employed in communist propaganda.

Analysis of the Unity footage:

Options menu (options as in what I assume happens when you press o in-game):

Player context menu:

Actual options menu:

(other screenshots I won’t embed: https://i.imgur.com/H8P2i8Z.png, https://i.imgur.com/BqOekXB.png)
Not sure if these are the default bindings, but R not being Nexus any more? :thinking:

Miscellaneous:

• doesn’t look like dyes or skins on players have been implemented in the player list in bottom right yet
  • list of keys in Davy’s seems to overwrite the player name/star info in the top left (as we see from those random switches to afk Davy’s character), they should probably fix that
  • dungeon cap appears to be 100 according to the graphic, but could just be that it just defaults to 100 regardless of actual dungeon cap
  • there is an FPS meter in the pre-recorded footage, not sure why they said they couldn’t turn it on during stream but maybe it’s a unity dev thing: https://i.imgur.com/jYTrs04.png . Average 60 FPS, however the lows are a bit concerning (in the screenshot I took you can see the lowest was 15 FPS). But I’m not too worried, it’s in early beta and this is where optimization tends to happen anyways.
  • arena is kill question mark, the wall of fame is right on top where arena would normally be.
  • it didn’t announce in chat that the dungeons were opened but they might not be using actual keys
  • the quote that Oryx’s Castle loading screen had is gone PepeHands (plus none on other loading screens either)
  • the error messages have a “Reconnect to Nexus” button, small but potentially very nice QoL
  • Tooltip for particles option has a grammatical error (“Reduce particle” -> “Reduce particles”)
  • These graphics appear to overwrite the character info in top left when in Oryx’s Castle and Oryx’s Chamber. It looks like it’s just a graphical representation of the quest info (aka the stuff that’s like “Face Oryx in his castle, kill 20 heroes of oryx, etc”). They should probably fix that too.
  • Also the water animating in Oryx’s castle looks pretty janky because some tiles animate and some don’t. I don’t remember if this happens in current game as well.
  • this kind of thing happens in current game as well, just it’s a lot less noticeable since we don’t have fullscreen. But kinda stands out like this.
  • the spawning animation is playing even after players are already loaded. I’m thinking it is related to players loading into some sort of cache, it plays that animation, but if that is the case then the cache is very small and it will get very annoying. For example, Toastrz was in the same lane as the person recording, but later on when they get to the first wall in the courtyard Toastrz reappears into field of view, and the spawning animation plays again. And there are only 15 people in this instance… (perhaps I am wrong though)
  • there’s clearly stretched graphics/blocks all over Oryx’s Castle here, and here, plus tons more later on in that instance that I didn’t bother to screenshot, not sure how this happened but uh interesting. It’s definitely a rendering error and not something persistent, in the Stone Guardians fight it’s pretty noticeable that the weird stretched blocks turn back to normal when they go out of focus and then are back on screen. This seems to happen in other dungeons that have walls too, Oryx’s Chamber being another visible example.
  • some strange artifacts in the darkness during the halls run. It looks like it’s enlarged versions of the particles that are showing normally from the abilities and such. Probably another rendering error, perhaps the rendering code is not a fan of that empty space behind the walls or something idk. Seems to have only happened in these two rooms on the map.
  • MBC’s animation frames appear to have switched positions, the “arms up” now is acting as the default frame and the “arms down” only shows up when it’s attacking. Seems to work fine when moving, but when it’s standing still it’s busted. I think Void Entity might have same issue but not sure.
  • Window Mode