Joining The Mystics

Hey I noticed I got a couple of UT mystic orbs in my vaults. Next death, I guess I’ll go mystic, so can you guys tell me what will work with the Enchantment Orb and the Orb of Aether. I’d also be nice if you could explain how I should play with that particular set. I don’t play a lot of mystic, so explain it to me like I’m 5 yrs old.

T6 is what you want to be using the most if you can aim it properly, the combination of curse and berserk in one ability is extremely powerful and makes the mystic much stronger than she appears at first. if you can’t aim the T6 orb very well without accidentally stasising stuff, use the enchantment orb to curse enemies without the risk of screwing up. but the downside is that the damage lost from berserk is definitely noticeable, you’ll be better off overall if you can learn to use the T6. Aether orb is good for enemies that move quickly and are difficult to maintain damage on if they aren’t paralyzed or slowed. it’s useful to have on hand since archers aren’t always going to be around with you, and even when they are you can’t be sure they don’t suck. don’t use Aether unless it’s difficult to hit the enemy consistently though, it comes with no berserk and no curse, meaning you lose a ton of damage by using it.

also I’m moving your topic to #academy, since it’s more of a “how do I play this thing” kind of topic rather than a discussion on mystic in general.

I had aether for a while on my mystic and maybe used it once. Long story short, the mystic died and I learned to not even bother with the uts unless it’s a conflict.

My mystic is mundane. I’m great help.

Sorry. I love Mystic and would love to get you excited about playing Mystic too but I have never obtained/used these items. Srry :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

as mentioned by xalor you’ll find yourself using the t6 orb as a main most of the time.

other orbs are situational.

if you get your hands on a conflict tho you’ll be killin it. hella fun with speedy if you have already mastered using tiered orbs.

aether is amazing in tombs. oryx. most places where you need paralyse but arent covered by archers/huntresses

orb of sweet demise is kinda meh, use it on monsters like limon, malphas. but technically useless since you ave an aether orb.

enchantment orb is cool when you’re trying to curse minions to kill them fast. as they tend to spread around rather than clump like a boss.

st orb is a meh conflict.

that should be it

This is the only acceptable way to play a mystic.

Thanks, but my guildy said I’m a terrible mystic.

Your guild mates are wrong.

Need to fix my color. Just used ones from event.

Mundane mystic, no get that out of here. MUNDANE Sorc, priest, knight, warrior, necro, and ninja is the way to go.

With the new hotkey switching feature, Mystic can be more powerful than before - granted that you use swapouts.

The Orb of Aether is a good example: by using a T6 to buff yourself, then switching to Aether, your DPS will remain decent whilst also making the enemy much easier to hit.

As for another extra tip: try aiming your orb on top, or just in front of yourself. It’ll make it much harder to accidentally Stasis enemies!

Orb of Aether is pretty useful. It’s combination of effects means it maximally slows anything, with paralyse if possible or with slow otherwise. Lots of things are immune to paralysis – the Mountain Temple has quite a few for example. Very few things are immune to slow. As a bonus the visual effects helps you and other players see where it is acting, much more than other mostly invisible effects.

Enchantment Orb I found useless, though that may be as I’ve been playing Mystic a while so have no problems aiming. Really it should be the other way around, so you can curse where you want but the stasis is around you for safety – it’s a misplaced stasis which is most annoying when you get the aim wrong. Tiered orbs add berserk which makes them much better than it.

My favourite Mystic setup is the Phylactery Mystic Set, which you can find or buy. Gives you lots of speed, attack and def, speedy + berserk on the Orb. No curse but the att boosts from the set more than make up for it. You can alway carry a tiered orb to provide a boost to everyone against a high HP enemy.

it is useful, but the difference between using T6 and not using T6 is the difference between being the weakest staff class by far, and being the strongest staff class overall. if you don’t need the enemy to be slowed, you’re losing out on a lot of damage. it’s also unhelpful against fast moving paralyze-immune enemies, since they’ll leave the slow radius long before you can place another one even when they’re slowed. since those are the things you want to have slowed most of the time, that strongly limits the effectiveness of the orb.

wrong:

curse gets a bad rap for being a weak status effect, but it still makes a bigger difference than a handful of atk points. sure the set lets you get up to 50 def, but it’s not an offensive set compared to normal equipment.

To add onto Xaklor: let’s not forget that there’s a longer cooldown for the ST Orb compared to tiered Orbs. Less frequent buffs means less long-term DPS.

Fair enough. I had never tried working it out, just estimated it from the att + dex boost. I did not include a Pyra though in my thinking, which accounts for part of the difference.

Still the set is pretty good. 63 speed + speedy makes you faster than almost anything, great for rushing as you can also stasis things in your way. 50 def makes you as tanky as a robe class gets, especially as you can use stasis when things get difficult. Also you are not so useless when quieted or pet stasised: you still have 72 att, 63 speed and 50 def.

With maxed wis the duration is such that the cooldown between uses is under a second, so you can maintain it almost continuously, MP allowing.

~Toastrz, Early 2014

mundane mystics are the BEST

Im glad you think so! Unlike @InfamousX