June 2018 Art Contest Winners!

imho Rogue was the worst of the five, the movement was way too awkward, the others fit well with most RotMG sprites in their simplicity and follow more along the lines of RotMG movement

That rogue skin will just seem extremely out of place in game as dagger and robe movements don’t match up with any other movement

Also a good amount of the really really nice skins were disqualified as I heard of multiple of them talking about having to “resend” it or their format just destroyed the qualifications and were thus disqualified

I’m Brulina. I won. Yay.

same!
I’ve never seen an attack animation for it though…

I’m just gonna say it since I have nothing to lose. That “awesome pet skin” looks incredibly derivative of my “Dragonrider” skin I posted on reddit a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/8ppwuq/dragonrider_paladin_maybe/

Derivative

I swear, if that thing was or is going to be called dragonrider or something to that effect, I’m going to be pissed. As for the rest of the contest, only the rogue was a good choice for the skins. The crusader is too much like the Templar Knight. The old man is probably the most boring sprite I’ve ever seen. How that won first place is beyond me unless the people voting have no idea what this game is even like.

Lolwhut

Well, if you look at both mounts heads, they are quite similar. Oh, his is blue instead? My mistake…

If you can’t see the similarity, you’re just trying not to.

It’s based off of Nikao and will most definitely be called Mini Nikao

Oh, well then it’s a wing, not a rider. In that case, why did they say (name tbd) instead of what it is? Are they unaware it’s Nikao?

They already have 2 boss-inspired pets that won the contest. Why did they even allow that sort of thing to win when they said this in their contest Q&A?:

“A: You can make a skin that’s inspired by something that exists, whether it has a similar name or appearance. However, truly original content usually has more value when it comes to judging someone’s creativity / designs.”

Why would they just go with a bunch of crap that’s inspired by existing realm content? The only thing they did right in the judging process were the bosses. I’m sorry, but this contest was a big fat farce.

Literally the only similarity between the two is that there are dragons, and the dragons don’t even look the same.

No, hey, you’re right. It wasn’t a ripoff of my previously, publicly posted work, but a ripoff of the preexisting realm boss, Nikao.

Stop calling it a freaking ripoff and being so salty, it’s a good, inspired sprite and follows the common theme of mini bosses, so just give it a break, ok

Que the word salty. You’re damn right I’m salty!

It IS a ripoff. Whoever made those sprites DID NOT come up with the idea. Making sprites based on preexisting content is a cheap way to win! Deca didn’t need THREE of the pet victors to go to mini boss sprites! It totally goes against them encouraging people to be original! How do you not see this? because you don’t want to?

I see this but I honestly don’t care since it’s a quality sprite

I’d rather have a rip-off than your shitty cheeto of a sprite

Oh, that was just a work in progress, not my submission. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.