June art contest submission!

Hello everyone! It’s me again, creator of the and skins, amongst other miscellaneous art for the Realm. Sorry for the somewhat late submission, but I’ve only recently had time to return to the game. It’s been a joy to encounter and talk with people in the game that like my work! Unfortunately, life keeps me very busy and I can’t sprite as much as I’d like to.

However, this art competition has sparked my creative interest anew, so let me present to you my submission: The Knockout Knight skin!

“Oryx beware, his fierce uppercut is a real stunner!”

With any skin I make I really like to change things up, which can be quite challenging with the constraints of the 8bit sprite format, but very fun when things start to come together!

Please share your thoughts. All feedback is appreciated :3

Edit: I’ve gotten in touch with Ragejunior who coincidentally also made a boxer skin. Fortunately, he’s actually submitting a different skin to the competition, but I’m making it a point with DECA that if my skin wins we’ll share credit together.

It’s a terrible coincidence that we both made such similar skins and I feel horrible about it, but sometimes different people converge into similar concepts; it’s bound to happen in any creative endeavour. I remember when I was on the UGC we had to make skins for a summer event and Poshun and I found we were both developing lifeguard skins for priest! Anyway, my apologies, I’ll make sure to go on this forum and Reddit before developing anything to prevent such embarassing happenings from taking place in future.

10/10 would smash :joy:

If you’re already UGC then why even enter the contest, your skin would get into the game regardless. Unless you declined the UGC prize last time in which case what is wrong with you?

I’m not actively in the UGC since I’ve been absent. Isn’t the contest open to contributors? I thought I read that in the announcement post.

It is, but it seems overtly unfair to me. You won’t likely get many skins from new artists if the old and established ones can take the stage.

is that mike tyson

Hmm, I see what you mean. It is a competition though, so you’d think they’d pick what they like best, regardless of who made it.

That’th thertainly a pothibility :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I guess. I would akin it to angry british tv chef man entering a small towns cooking competition with a small cash prize. Not explicitly wrong, but the prize is pennies to his wealth and his skill and fame tilts the scales away from those the cook off thingy matters to.

Well that’s a flattering but unfair comparison haha. I wouldn’t consider myself even close to Gordon Ramsay-level in spriting and the prize matters to me as much as the cookoff would to the locals. The amount of sprites I’ve got in the game can be counted on one hand.

I’m certain you still have the connections to ship spritesheets off to the DECA printing press. But if not, then completely understandable.

edit: I just remembered about the gold prize. Nay damned thee for thine greed. :rose:

Nice skin, the description is really neat!

I feel like I’ve seen this skin before on the forums, did you spruce it up?

Nope. Actually only concepted it 2 days ago. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone had a similar idea though. The knight’s ability lends itself to all sorts of skin concepts!

Someone else had a boxer skin. I think this sprite is better, but the other one had a really good description.

Do you mind linking me to their skin? Maybe I’ll have to go back to the drawing board T^T

Here it is. You could still submit yours, and may the best boxer win!

Thank you. Yikes, they’re so similar T^T

Haha it’s a pretty funny idea to have two boxer skins fight it out, but I may want to go with something else. Eerie coincidences like this really suck!

I love it, i wouldnt be surprised if this end in the game.

The only detail i got in my head is with the side hit, when it hits with the left hand i think it would add movement to the punch if the shoulder pixel moves with it Capture

maybe

I actually tried that during development. Unfortunately it didn’t work out too well in my opinion haha

Big fan of your palladin sprite :v
nice work