June art contest submission!

I’m not actively in the UGC since I’ve been absent. Isn’t the contest open to contributors? I thought I read that in the announcement post.

It is, but it seems overtly unfair to me. You won’t likely get many skins from new artists if the old and established ones can take the stage.

is that mike tyson

Hmm, I see what you mean. It is a competition though, so you’d think they’d pick what they like best, regardless of who made it.

That’th thertainly a pothibility :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I guess. I would akin it to angry british tv chef man entering a small towns cooking competition with a small cash prize. Not explicitly wrong, but the prize is pennies to his wealth and his skill and fame tilts the scales away from those the cook off thingy matters to.

Well that’s a flattering but unfair comparison haha. I wouldn’t consider myself even close to Gordon Ramsay-level in spriting and the prize matters to me as much as the cookoff would to the locals. The amount of sprites I’ve got in the game can be counted on one hand.

I’m certain you still have the connections to ship spritesheets off to the DECA printing press. But if not, then completely understandable.

edit: I just remembered about the gold prize. Nay damned thee for thine greed. :rose:

Nice skin, the description is really neat!

I feel like I’ve seen this skin before on the forums, did you spruce it up?

Nope. Actually only concepted it 2 days ago. It wouldn’t surprise me if someone had a similar idea though. The knight’s ability lends itself to all sorts of skin concepts!

Someone else had a boxer skin. I think this sprite is better, but the other one had a really good description.

Do you mind linking me to their skin? Maybe I’ll have to go back to the drawing board T^T

Here it is. You could still submit yours, and may the best boxer win!

Thank you. Yikes, they’re so similar T^T

Haha it’s a pretty funny idea to have two boxer skins fight it out, but I may want to go with something else. Eerie coincidences like this really suck!

I love it, i wouldnt be surprised if this end in the game.

The only detail i got in my head is with the side hit, when it hits with the left hand i think it would add movement to the punch if the shoulder pixel moves with it Capture

maybe

I actually tried that during development. Unfortunately it didn’t work out too well in my opinion haha

Big fan of your palladin sprite :v
nice work

Glad to see a mad dwarf fan out there :3
Making that skin was the main motivator for me to play paladin since I don’t normally enjoy sword classes. When I was first making it he was actually full-sized and not a dwarf, just an axe-wielding berserker, but I very much prefer him this way.

Now i see your point, it is really good and would to see it in game :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.