List all the changes you want deca to do but will kill the game/make too much backlash

Rewriting the game into something like unity instead of flash (active development/new releases would have to stop for 6-9 months with the resources deca has as of now, and that would kill RotMG because many people would quit/stop spending money on realm)

Though perhaps deca could maybe send a small part of the development team off to do the rewrite having the rest do new releases and stuff. Even then RotMG would have to be making a substantial profit for that to be fundable.
(But I think I heard somewhere that Deca only has 2 developers?)

Edit: Found it here.

With flash fading away quickly, what are you going to do with the game? Are you contemplating moving it onto a new platform?

The mission for the company is to run our games for a long time, hopefully another decade. Within a decade, Flash will probably be fully faded away. So we will find a good solution for this as time goes on. For now, for all its scars and warts, we will be able to run the game on its current codebase for a while - which gives us one important resource: Time. We will use this time to think about what next steps to take regarding the technology. It was definitely interesting to read that some people would be up for funding a kickstarter campaign to port the game to a more future proof technology. We don’t know yet if that is the way to go, but we will be looking at all available options and you guys will be among the first to know.

Taking realm to new platforms would be very fun and exciting and is a potential route we might take. But for now we are focused on stabilizing and fixing up the current game on the current platforms. The better we can do on the current platforms and the more people invest in the current game, will give us increased ability to invest for the long term and in more strategic improvements.

By the way, I see you’ve joined for a quite a while but I like your posts. You should stick around more and be a no-lifer like me and Shatter and Scorchy kek :wink:

deca hired more guys, which you can see in their realmeye (the literally have their own guild, plus mreyeball is the only one who isnt a gm, its just the realmeye bot)

lol, i should rank the regulars in order of no life

In terms of pure read time, it’d go Shatter > Me > You

yes, but we need to do everyone (one day), also doesnt account for other things such as afking here, looking at links to dungeons that was posted here.

random stupid topics that people made when they were bored. etc.

Hmm, idk, I personally slightly prefer the format of Reddit, but people are a bit nicer here I think. And my no-lifing I will spend on RotMG, the forums are more of a side thing for me, for example when I get account in use.
I did consider it somewhat though, but the status of Regular would be next to impossible for me to maintain.

Actually, I think people being nicer here has to do with anonymity. On reddit, you can be about as anonymous as you want. Here you have your RotMG reputation to care for.

kinda ironic like people like @life and @tybug barely reads anything…[quote=“IBurnYou, post:27, topic:3355”]
On reddit, you can be about as anonymous as you want. Here you have your RotMG reputation to care for.
[/quote]

hmm, true

Also 4th in line of no life is @xaklor @mynamerr (fallen regular) and @jawsjakt

I am honored to be top no life

ironic since the two mods are at 4day read times… and stu spends his time writing super long posts

Based Sellers called; he wants his shitty nirvana retrieve some lost crap dunschen idea back.

I can see a tie between me and mynamerr, but not jaws. he’s been too quiet lately.

Midterms, I’ll back in action in a week probably.

Looked at this for 2 minutes straight and i can’t figure out what that word was supposed to be.

nuts?
just makes most sense i think

“nuts letting other peoples chars disappear would be fun”

Doesn’t look right…

Probably was supposed to be just

lol, the keyboard says it all though

Anyway, you may want to put that into one of these to prevent getting flagged.

<details><summary>**Text**</summary>**Image**</details>
Text**Image**

If i get flagged for wasting 1.2 seconds of everyone’s time to make the joke slightly funny, so be it.

flagged as spam