Marble Colossus Solo

Whew.

I wasn’t particularly prepared for this but it worked out in the end!

Our group was initially doing a Vial run, but we found the boss room and we were like ‘‘solo anyone?’’ - The rest is this video.

I’m aware that there’s some massive frame drops at the "INSOLENTIA’’ phase and the final phase. Unfortunately there was nothing that I could do to prevent that from happening at the time. I was both livestreaming and recording at the same time. I thought my PC could handle that (because I always had 60fps during the solo), but apparently that’s because OBS eats its own framerate when necessary!

It only took a minute for me to realize just about how badly I miss having a Csword at my disposal. I’m really unlucky with getting those so I don’t bring any into Halls runs. Which resulted in this run taking roughly twice as long as it could’ve been

Some phases (most notably the last 3) will progress much, much easier and by far more quickly with a little more range. I also lost some time trying to find the best way to approach a phase with a tiered sword)

(Also I thought the boss healing got removed shortly before the release, turns out it was just set to invisible)

A black box appears at roughly 2 minutes. That’s because a genius accidentally pasted his email into chat.

The speed-up you see was 34 minutes real time. Bad.

The full run took just shy of 1 hour

0:13 start

0:30 Chase/Slow Phase

0:52 Rocks Phase

1:20 Paralyze/Tentacle Phase

3:36 Confuse/Orbit Phase

4:29 Rocks/Spiral Phase

7:13 First Survival Phase

7:38 Chase/Paralyze Phase 1

8:04 Chase/Paralyze Phase 2

8:42 Chase/Paralyze Phase 3

9:13 Orbit/Unstable Phase

10:00 Second Survival Phase

11:31 PATI!

13:08 Unstable Phase (Melee Hell beegins)

18:25 Near Death Phase 1 (0 rocks)

19:35 Near Death Phase 2 (1 rock)

20:19 Near Death Phase 3 (2 rocks) - 26:17 Real Time

24:14 Finale! (3 rocks) - 59:04 Real Time

25:11 4th rock spawns

27:00 End

What a run!

I was watching your vods yesterday to understand how melees can get their damage in on the Colossus, and was surprised by the solo. That was awesome to see you doing that with just 70 Electric and 70 Heal, and no csword.

If you’re still trying to think of the best moments to get damage as a melee:

Strafing left/right in the rocks phases (0:52) will let you pick some damage. Unless your group is huuuge just this should suffice for SB.

After that there’s some other relatively easy opportunities, most notably the two Orbit phases. What I personally always try is to cut the boss off while others wait in their spot. This gives you a few seconds of good damage, possibly with easy framerate too since no one is near you.

Pat is also a good source of damage, if you dare maneuver between the Paralyze shots (When standing close, getting paralized won’t last long enough to chain and kill you. you will lose 400HP total though)

If all else failed, your final relatively easy moments to get damage are in the last 3 phases. The boss shoots those unstables predictive so treat him as an ent ancient while going beetween rocks!

Uni pls, BTEL posted a video of him soloing the Marble Colossus three days ago. On a ninja. C’mon, step it up! (Or something to that extent :P``)

I’m not even going to mention that BTEL had his divine while you only had a maxed rare.

Not to mention, that extra range on a Ninja, and being prepared with a ray katana.

@Mrunibro, congratulations! I can’t even progress from the first room with a 6/8 knight, let alone solo the boss :cry:.
I wish you good loots and white bags!

Oh I know, it’s just that the ninja is so commonly considered a bad class when compared to the warrior.

Keep in mind, that this fucking maniac went into the lost halls with a rare pet without magic heal. Mate, you’re fucking crazy

Summed up:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.