Maxing stat tips

I am always able to get to lvl 20 quickly and I know how to get my hands on some pretty good gear. My problem is is that I can’t max. The best I can usually do is 1/8 which only happens for me every so often (my last 1/8 was several deaths ago :confused: ) I always end up dying before I max a stat usually. I know people who get to like 4/8 in a week or 2 and even if my character lasts a week (which it usually does) I don’t have any stats maxed. I was wondering if anyone has tips on how to max stats quicker and more efficiently.

I don’t know how to help you besides simply don’t die. Stay away from bigger dungeons if you want to focus on 6/8. Take every dungeon slow and don’t rush things.

I have a couple of questions for you. What classes do you play usually, what classes do you try to max, and what dungeons do you run for pots?

I, personally, used sprite worlds and snake pits to get easy pots. Especially now, at this time, vit and att are pretty common because of the woodlab event, so try to farm those, and then sell for other pots you need to max.

The ones I find myself playing often are rogue, wizard, priest, mystic, and assassin a bit.
I only have 1 character slot as well so I can only play 1 at a time.
I’m currently a mystic

Ah. ranged classes are very good for getting dex, and if you have a friend who is good at the game with lots of experience, ask him/her to run sprites with you, and then go from there.

thanks!

I would recommend working on playing one character as it will help you get used to their specific playstyle. Choose a class that you like and keep trying to max that instead of switching each death.

Cackl is spot on. Knowing how to play every class is a useful skill, but it is utterly useless if you cannot max any classes. Try to pick one class which you are good at/can become good at and which you like to play on.

You should also be extremely cautious - don’t do ANY dungeons which have too much of a risk. Most of my friends who had tried to get into this game couldn’t follow this simple tenant, resulting in them repeatedly dying before accomplishing anything of note. If you can safely complete abysses, excellent. If you cannot, stick to sprites. Farm whatever dungeons you can safely complete, really. Sell those pots for other pots, and progress to the more difficult dungeons with caution later on.

Also, I took a look at your pet yard. I would strongly recommend you get a pet with heal and mp heal, or at least use a pet with hp heal. mp heal is not as useful as hp heal (arguable for priest and pally) in most situations, especially when using a character with unmaxed def.

I mean a farming character is most helpful for you, if you have a second character slot, just put in wizard or warrior, get your self t11 weapon, t5 ability, t12 armor and para hp for 4 def and you are good to go, all your pots earned on the farming character should go to your main and after you maxed main the rest of the pots go back to farming to make it max, too. and even if your farming character dies it wouldn’t be so heart breaking

I completely agree with Welonut. Using pots to max another character until that character is maxed is a great strategy. Like Welonut said, if you die while farming pots, that character is 0/8, and you can just make another.

My general guidelines to maxing a character from scratch.

First is to focus on spd/dex in order to help improve the longevity of your character as they’re both easy to farm and incredibly valuable as speed lets you dodge more comfortably and dex lets you kill stuff faster.

First sprite worlds: 16 def is the sweet spot as it makes all the little sprites do minimum damage but ~12 will mitigate enough to make it runnable without just getting pinged to death. Then don’t just run blindly as you’ll just step on a sprite god and pop eventually. Now the boss, if you aren’t comfortable with limon you can cheese the fight with a staff/wand class and stand between the two lines from the turrets and limon won’t attack back, slow but effective. Then if you are comfortable drag her around and attack her when you can, don’t be afraid to back out and heal.

Snake pits are arguably easier to do with less stats as you can just drag enemies and kill them off, the small respawning purple snakes can be awful with low def though. Stehno runs through a series of attacks. First 4 sets of two daggers which she’ll shoot around you if you stand still but if you move she’ll whip her attack generally throwing them straight at you and they hurt a lot so try to avoid this. Then she goes to her minion phase, I generally just back out on a fresh 20 as the minions block your shots making you take worthless damage. Then her bomb phase, this phase can be circled with a stutter step movement where you’ll go between her shots and the bombs will land behind you. Then she just cycles and you repeat until she’s dead. As always don’t be afraid to back out to heal life>loot.

Now things get a little twisted on what you may choose to do now that you’re a 2/8. You can either run abysses for the sweet sweet healing from vit although abysses can be very dangerous if you aren’t experienced or are just simply reckless as you’ll need to do everything that you can to pull as few enemies at a time as you can clearing one room at a time if at all possible. But the reason I say to do abysses closer to 2/8 is because of the brutes, if you don’t have the proper speed they will just rush you down taking huge amounts of health/killing you but with 45+ spd you start to actually outpace them while backpedaling. Abysses will be slow, hurt a lot, and be quite scary but vit is great if you aren’t using a pet, and you’ll generally get a solid amount of def in the process.

Wisdom is pretty simple as udls are an incredibly easy dungeon (given you aren’t a melee,stupid slimes) just pull enemies kill them and proceed. But watch for vampires as they do insane amounts of damage and slow you so they can sit on you. Septavius is fairly easy especially if you have max spd as you outrun the minions. Not much to say other then watch the quiet phase as it’s virtually undodgable and hurts like hell at low def.

Defense, one of the strongest stats in the game, and the second most annoying stat to farm (other then life/mana) will mostly end up coming from sewers, oryx, and labs depending on how you play/what’s called. Sewers, I would only reccomend doing at 3/8 spd, dex, vit. On range most enemies can just be shot from a distance and you won’t have to put yourself at harms way. However one enemy, the goblin brute, is extremely dangerous, he comes running at you far faster then an abyss brute, firing a 5 shot shotgun that will deal a ton of damage, circling them is one of the better ways to deal with them but if a group comes at you it isn’t always going to be safe to stay so you may be forced to nexus. Gulpulord, kill the slime 3 slime gods before activating the boss as it’ll make it easier and safer. Then just whittle him down until he splits, and repeat again as it’s a fight you really have to figure out (and I’ve mostly forgotten, woops) but on his last phase, his chase phase, the easiest and safest way to deal with it is dragging him out of the room and letting him walk into your shots, however EVERYTHING in the rooms before will need to be cleared as to prevent an ambush

Hope this helps and good luck.

I don’t know of a pet with both yet. I could do tradding for one likely to have it like a legendary but I don’t know of an uncommon with it

It probably isn’t necessary to try to buy one. Just make sure to hatch every egg you find in the godlands, human eggs especially. Getting an ideal pet should only be prioritized if you have the pots to spare.

Your answer is necromancer. That’s how I got good anyways…

Oh yea, I do like necro to

1# dont die…
2# just dont die
3# stay alive

your suggestion helped me a lot actually. I just got my first 6/8, a Necromancer. He lived a while and I got close to getting 2,000 fame off of him! he recently died though and I am now doing assassin as I know how to play well with that class (also the new buff).

Thank you so much!

A bit of understanding of stat pathing can go a long way clearly :slight_smile: I’m glad I was able to help :slight_smile:

Pretty sure 800 fame is not 2000 fame.

the fame i got was well over 800 (fame bonuses) i wasn’t talking about just base