Mechanical Keyboards (Switches Poll)

What’s your favorite mechanical keyboard switch?

• Cherry (MX)
  • Gateron
  • Greetech
  • KBTalking (KBT)
  • Matias
  • Kailh / Kaihua
  • Topre
  • Razer
  • Membrane

0 voters

In Cherry (guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FJPGpwyzOA):

• MX Black
  • MX Brown
  • MX Red
  • MX Green
  • MX Clear
  • MX White
  • MX Gray
  • (and everyone’s favorite) MX Blue

0 voters

For KBT:

• Black
  • Brown
  • Blue
  • Red

0 voters

For Greetech:

• Black
  • Brown
  • Blue
  • Red

0 voters

For Gateron:

• Black
  • Brown
  • Blue
  • Red
  • Clear
  • Green

0 voters

For Matias:

• Click
  • Linear

0 voters

For Topre:

• 30G
  • 35G
  • 45G
  • 50G
  • 55G
  • Variable

0 voters

For Kailh / Kalihua:

• Red
  • Black
  • Brown
  • Blue

0 voters

Lastly, Razer:

• Green
  • Orange
  • Mecha-Membrane?

0 voters

I probably missed some though :confused:

razer:

• green
  • orange
  • yellow
  • mecha-membrane

0 voters

missed one!

guess im a COCK now

What I use
And this

I’m really against any fancy burgeoise keyborad but I understand why some people have them.

If I had to have an extravagant keyborad it would be this

membrane normie xd

wow thats…interesting

What, no love for IBM buckling springs?

Guess I’ll go with Cherry browns then.

I was going to mention that as well.

My primary board is MX Browns (Das 4), but I decided to get a Topre for work (TypeHeaven), and I have to admit, I really love the feel of that keyboard. I’d switch the two, but the Topre is definitely quieter, so I won’t. If I get an excuse to get another board though, it’d be tough for me to pass up a Topre.

@HGKing

how ironic…i actually removed it right before i made that post because i was like “well…i never heard of it”

gets order from Amazon

https://www.realmeye.com/forum/uploads/default/original/3X/2/8/28066b63e55e47a9998a11ec0085c66d7f85392d.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whoosh…

The IBM Model M keyboard is pretty well-known among keyboard enthusiasts–the buckling spring’s reputation for its feel and reliability most certainly precedes it.

uhhh

Does this count

Membrane?

Sorry, I’m not a savvy keyboarder

Not by the conventional definition, no.

Possibly. Modern laptops like that typically use either a membrane or scissor switches. Scissor switches aren’t usually considered in the conventional definition of a “mechanical switch” either.

Tangent:
To be fair, the term “mechanical keyboard” is not very well defined and often varies slightly depending on the person. For example, some consider Topre boards to be “hybrid” because they contain a membrane (rubber dome) that covers all of the individual key switches. Others don’t consider Topre to be mechanical due to the fact that the switches are capacitive and do not rely the switch to physically complete a circuit when the key is pressed.

If anyone has any interest in hardware side of computer technology, the variety in keyboard mechanisms may prove to be rather interesting.

For me, as long as a button, knob or switch feels like sex to use them, then they are good enough for me.
This puts touch pads and apple keyboards on the bottom end, and most oscilloscopes buttons and knobs at the top.
Membranes are ok, as long as there is an audible confirmation of the press and release, and as long it doesn’t feel like pressing a sponge cake (like that one really thin apple keyboard that I was forced to use for some years).

Apple keyboard? Buttons? What?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.