Merching Secrets

Wtf how are you and shatter reading my deleted post lol

The most helpful tip for merching, at least to me, was when I found out you could right-click a player’s chat bubble to bring up their interact menu.

muahahhahahaha,

i am secretly an moderator

oh yeah, i havent included the shortcuts yet, need to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t read this fully, but I would be willing to share a tip or two/talk about merching if people want. I consider myself a “professional mercher” (kms).

I used to merch ALOT. In fact, over the course of 1 month i turned 1 UBHP and 2 life into … ~400 life worth of ST items. It’s all about wriggling into the profit margins. Expensive items such as STs are the most profitable because of the large difference between what people offer to buy and sell for. Sellers always put up offers for more than people are actually willing to sell. Likewise, buyers always put up offers for less than people are actually willing to buy. You just have to find the middle ground. If you know what you’re doing you can consistently make 2 life worth of profit with every ST trade. In a good day you can even snag up to a dozen of these high-profit trades, or more!

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of realm traders do not put offers up on realmeye, but many of them browse through other people’s offers. Most times, someone else will take the initiative to private message you about your offer, not the other way around ;p

What I talked about above has to do with the “short-term” game economy. If you are a patient mercher, you can invest in the long-term. For example, expensive items sometimes temporarily (emphasis on temporarily) drop heavily in price due to duping, events, new dungeons, or mystery box releases. When this happens, take the opportunity to buy them cheap and then wait to sell them later at a much higher price. Do this if you are confident that the prices will actually rise again some time in the near future.

My story is actually quite similar to Akalem’s. About a year ago, after ripping all of my characters in one way or another, I quit the game. I came back a little over two months ago. I had 2 life potions, an acropolis, and a gsorc robe in my vault. I have turned that into just under 1000 life worth of items, skins, and potions.

My method of merching is centered on paying for people’s time. I tend to look at low profit (I average a very steady mana profit per item sold) margins with a high volume and turnover rate. In other words, I don’t make much on each sale (well, a mana :yum: ), but I make a whole lot of those sales. When people don’t want to spend time selling an item, particularly if they dislike merching or they found the item in a bag and it will be all profit anyway, they will often be willing to sell the item for cheaper than market value just to get it off of their hands. They sell for a lower price in exchange for less of their time selling the item. This is where I come in. I buy the item for lower than market price, then put in the small amount of time required to sell at exactly market price. By selling at market price instead of higher, I can pump out a higher volume of trades, since I usually don’t have to wait very long for someone to bite on my realmeye offer. There are sufficient people selling at below market value, aka the price of saving them time, that I have no problem keeping a steady inventory flowing through my vault. Simply by posting offers on realmeye, I can easily make 10-20L a day on average just by sitting back and doing what I’m doing as people come and message me to buy my stuff.

I concur. I very RARELY look through other people’s offers, yet am still amazed at the hundreds of messages I will get daily concerning offers I have posted. There are many, many people out there that apparently do look through realmeye offers.

An expansion of the long-term that you mentioned, during and after one of the recent OT events, the price of mana plummeted to about half what it is now. People were selling 4-5 mana for a life. I actually bought 8 mana for a life during the height of the madness. In addition to the some 160 mana that I farmed during the event, I bought approximately 450 additional mana potions at extremely low prices and packed them away on mules. Over the course of the following three weeks, I sold all of the mana back to people for 2:1. I made at least a 50% profit on every mana that I packed away during that event. It takes patience and a lot of space, but things like that are quite profitable, so keep an eye out for them.

Another thing to watch is often during the holidays, people will get money and put it into realm. They will buy tops for gold, causing tops prices to drop. People are also much more charitable with their prices, it being the holidays and all. You can usually pick up a bunch of them for cheap and sell them a week or two later for a sizable margin.

i am quite the opposite, i tend to go for sales that make me a few life.[quote=“IAmShurima, post:52, topic:1903”]
. People were selling 4-5 mana for a life.
[/quote]

uhh? really? i remember it as 3:1, maybe 4:1.

I found many many people willing to do 4-5 mana for a life. The market price was closer to 4:1 I believe and then settled down to the 3:1/2:1 that it is now

hmm… im not active enough to keep with the ever changing prices…

i always merch to 8 life and them i get too lazy to merch anymore.

no offence, but ur deals are absolute trash

no offence, but i probably like 30+X more rich than you.

true, but ur deals are trash

yeah i guess they are.

Depends on what you define as trash

ur offers are overpriced

ok, i guess they are trash then

yay i win a debate :slight_smile:

it wasnt a debate…

if i really wanted to debate… i could make this hella hard for you. In the real world, you agree with others. You dont carry this stupid pride that makes you seem like everything about you is perfect.

sorry boss :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.