Merching Secrets

see for those merchers in realmeye trading section like shaam i just mark him as bad merchant so all his offers goes towards the bottom.

The ultimate merching guide:

Actually play the game

(inb4 giant argument of semantics)

That, Stop watching leafy

actually this is kinda ironic, since i merch, therefore you telling me to kill myself, and remember in that forum game (prob corrupt a wish) a while ago where i got wished to kill myself twice by you

I personally donā€™t purposely merch (i.e. Go out of my way to merch in USW3) because,

a. USW3 is cancer. So is constantly refreshing RealmEye to look for that deal.

b. You could probably make more profit by playing the game and waiting for others to message you vs. actively looking for deals.

What I do do is post offers with the same price as everyone else. Usually, these prices are already a rip-off so I occasionally get offers while Iā€™m playing, so itā€™s win-win.

I changed it to ā€œkill yourself (ingame ofc)ā€

Is 20$ ok?

Thatā€™s LITERALLY the worst payment Iā€™ve heard in this cringey existence of the internet on the whole website that is Realmeye.

A THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN is attacking me, wow, LITERALLY a THIRTY YEAR OLD MAN. Wow.

Letā€™s just try to refrain from personal attacks. They are wasted energy and only detract from worthwhile conversations.

As for merchingā€¦

Saying that itā€™s not okay for someone to merch doesnā€™t make any sense to me at all. Unless, perhaps, ā€œmerchingā€ is being confused with ā€œRWTā€. For the purpose of this conversation, letā€™s please not discuss RWT at all. Letā€™s consider ā€œmerchingā€ to be engaging in consensual trades with other players of in-game items to produce an in-game net gain.

I think if you find that to be reprehensible, at least offer up a logical reason why it may be a detriment to you or the game or something. Otherwise you appear to be just closed minded about allowing other people to enjoy the game freely in ways that they find enjoyable.

I have never been a serious merchant. However, I have tried from time to time to make a little study of the in-game economy. There are several inter-related layers of the economy, and even if you are not a merchant it may serve you well to understand ways in which that economy might affect you. In past experience, trading conversations have exclusively been at the bottom level (ā€œwhat is the price of life?ā€). I have never seen a serious discussion of the economy above that level, and I think it would be interesting to see one.

tell us more

There are many factors that affect the economy in RotMG just as there are in real life. Availability of item in question is the largest factor, how easy it is to get. Peoples perception of what an item should be worth. How new to Rotmg the item is. If the item fills a need in the game. Sometimes its plain ordinary SWAG that drives an item price.

In the past I have found that prices are slow to change when its the people that have the items that are in demand. The problem they have, when the sales slow down but they are too stubborn to drop the price in the hopes that they will slow the availability and keep the prices artificially high.

For example: when Kabam was releasing ST items to the alchemist for sale/gambling the prices of these items were very high. The first week to 10 days the prices were high but when looking at realmeye selling you could see more than 100 people selling the items for the initial high price. I put an offer on for about 50% of the average price and was able to buy the stuff. I did that type of buying for every item.

What would you like to know?

For example, the first observation is to note layers in the economy. From my limited experience, the most effective way for me to categorize them is in terms of the speed of transaction characterized by the market. Here are some layers based on speed of transaction.

• Trading Server: real-time
  • Realm Eye (non-bulk) trading: near real-time
  • Bulk Trading (regardless of platform): slow
  • RWT (p2p): slower transactions
  • RWT (sites): very slow
  • DECA sales (nexus gold shop): incredibly slow

please note that I do not endorse RWT sales, but I believe their presence in the market is too significant to completely ignore in a study of "the economy"

It could be noted that a particular merchant may engage in all of the markets, and actual sales may happen much faster than the speed of the market. RWT sites, for example, tend to advertise instant delivery (and I assume most are fairly quick to deliver). However, this is because they have set prices and automated mechanisms for payment. Consider that those transactions have been pre-built. They are not new transactions happening in real time. They are not fluid. It may be helpful to think of the speed of transaction as the speed at which a buyer and seller may negotiate a new deal.

There are many hypotheses which can be formed and potentially tested about these layers as individual markets or about the relationship between speed of transaction as a predictor variable to various dependant variables. Iā€™ve only dipped my toe in that pool because I have neither the time nor the interest to warrant investing a great deal of time, but I do find it to be an interesting line of thought/conversation.

so if you guys want to know i have started making my guide, prob wont finish for a while b/c im busy and there so much stuff that i can include

I like the disclaimer

gotta get that like count up.

haha, this guy i was looking at ā€œwanted to play realm is schoolā€ only got half way and then stopped prob b/c of like counter limit

same for me, sort of intersesting because he doesnt seem to use these forums much.

Nah he just had an image hanging for approval on this thread (user level zero posting a picture gets flagged for mod approval).

So he wanted to participate in the contest, but he canā€™t post his picture, and heā€™s probably just trying to figure out how to get to user level 1 to play. I approved the pic, but he probably did reach his like limit.