MotMG: Reconstruction is here!

FLASH IS DEAD :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab:

What do you mean by this? And thanks for that tl/dr, much appreciated

Early game dungeons favor drops for your class

When you get a drop that is a “grouped” type*, instead of uniformly choosing an equipment from the group, there is a (classbias)% chance it becomes an item matching the equipment of the character you’re currently playing. (Else uniform).

* grouped type: Loot that is internally not specified as the item itself, but as a random member of a tier.

For example, undead hobbit mages aren’t internally listed to drop “Robe of the Acolyte T3”, they drop “Tier 3 armor”. Grouped loot only really is a thing for tiered equipment. Though also applicable to pots and eggs. This type of grouped loot is widely present from PCave to O3.

Maybe even close to 100% of tiered drops are grouped actually, save some strange outliers. e.g. old remnants like cyclops minions dropping exclusively golden shields. (Is that still a thing?)

Currently only early to midgame dungeons are using this new feature.

TL/dr: Early to midgame dungeons are rigged to drop tiered loot that the class you are currently playing can use.

Will there be a way to disable that? Like if I’m playing knight and I’m trying to get a quiver for my archer.

same

Strangely, yes.

Hype! My nude Mystic can now use her wintery Oryxmas set in the Realm without making me feel like I’m fully dependent on having mana to deal damage.
Although there is currently a bug causing wismod-dependent-debuffs for Orbs to not be extended…so I’ll be stuck with 5 second Curse durations…

Though honestly, defshold (yes that’s what we’ll call it now) is probably my favourite part. It adds more incentive to def, while giving you the choice to alternatively speck more into vit if damage is too high.
Also, for those wondering why they didn’t go with a simpler “def = damage needed for IC trigger”…Knight. That’s basically it. Just…Knight tanking virtually everything.

So Realmeye is a bit broken and deaths are definitely not showing up. Also… there are still spambots. :c

I do wonder, does armored effect that or no?

To be clear, it’s not currently a 100% bias anywhere. You can still get any item as any class, it’s just going to be more in favor of your current class in the early fame currently.

The Alchemist has found a new job as the Tinkerer’s intern! He will now remind you to check the great quests the Tinkerer has to offer.

:smile:

Seriously though, I’m happy to see him back, even if I was to much of a noob back then to use him. :blush:
(Sorry for the notification, Seelpit)

Also, great job with this update! I’ve had hardly any time to be on the forums let alone the game today, but I did manage to test a tiny bit of the game out. Love what I saw. I don’t want to cover everything in one post, but here’s a couple of my thoughts after that demo play and reading everything on the extended document

• I love the def effect on Vital Combat. That makes the idea of playing less daunting. My “Npe” has definitely helped me with this, but everything didn’t seem to hit as hard.

• Near as I can tell, homogenizing the classes that were alerted seems fair. I don’t kind if all the classes look more similar to each other in stats and prowess.

• I’ll have to see the priest changes in action, but the healing getting aired thin with more people is something I’ve seen in others games. I’m going to avoid speaking about the Shaitan/Puri dilemma though… mixed feelings on that.

• Yes to dagger buffs! With the priest getting hurt, the wand but seems ok… but oh my, the sorc is going to be a noticeable class now

• Status effect decrease is ok. That’ll probably make people happy.

• I’ll wait on reviewing all the enemies and dungeons. But I love that they’re more focused on helping newer players prepare for later in game, finally! (Maybe the deathmage can get the Necronimicon dungeon sometime in the future now? :> )

• Exaltation don’t look quite as bad now. However, I’m neutrally dispositioned, because I don’t have time to effectively progress in the foreseeable future and am therefore not a reliable person for a super valid opinion… Oh well.

• Thanks for the QoL changes!

• The buffed drop rates seemed imminent with the decreased survival. I’m grateful nonetheless.

I feel that there were a couple downsides, and I for sure didn’t cover everything in my head even in this longer post, but I’m happy overall! A moment of pause for the people who couldn’t handle the transition from Flash to Exalt, though. :pensive:

Only indirectly! The trigger value is only affected by your defense stat, so Armored doesn’t increase that; however, it still checks for the actual damage a shot does.

For instance, having 40 def gives me an ICT (IC Trigger) value of 30 + (10 * 0.5) = 35 (I think); so, any shot that deals 40 + 35 = 75 base damage or more will put me in IC.

While I’m Armored, however, I will have an “effective” 60 def. My ICT value remains unchanged; so, it’s only shots that deal 60 + 35 = 95 base damage or more that put me in IC!

Does that mean that if you’re armor-broken (where your def is effectively 0), IC won’t trigger if the shots have low enough damage? (Which is probably not the case for most of the armor-piercing shots since the ones that really matter are 80+)

I do believe so! The same also goes for armor-piercing shots.
It’d definitely be interesting to see how that could be incorporated in boss fights - heck, you could say that Geb already makes use of it with those 30-damage armor piercing shots of his!

Does the damage have to be higher than the trigger or equal to the trigger to trigger it?

I am stupid. I thought that if I did 5 nests I would have max exaltation. Then I saw I needed 75 nests. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

But if you can survive longer even with IC/OoC without using cheats, that “buffed drop rate” update is going to overpowered.

Yeah. They’re rewarding actual skill.

?!??!??!?!??!?!??!?!?! wth