New Encounter: Revenge of the Pets

How would you like it if the day you were born, you were bound to an animal, albeit a stupid one, that coerced you into working for them for as long as they wanted? You ate when they wanted you to, and only when they wanted you to. When they did not want you around, you would be stuck in your own little entrapment along with others who had suffered the same fate as you. And you always lived and worked for them, under the growing fear that you would one day be abandoned for eternity. Your master would come to die endless times; but you could only watch on in horror again and again. You wouldn’t feel very good about it, would you?

…Would you want to fight back??? If you’re playing RotMG, you probably will.

The dungeon is spawned from Janus, like the other encounters. Set up like a divine pet yard: you enter through the bottom, and there are fountains in the four corners. Except those don’t heal you, because [1] They’re broken (as in actually broken, smashed into pieces and not broken in the sense of melees tanking everything and having insane dps) and [2] Why would you put something like that in a dungeon???

What you will notice the moment you walk in is that you are permanently pet stasised. I mean, when you are doing battle with other pets, you should probably feel lucky your own pet’s not betraying you for the great pet revolution, much less directly assist you. So your pet is off, which would give the dungeon a much higher difficulty for those that are used to their pet.

When you arrive, you encounter Larry the Demented Baby (oh god, what am i doing??) standing in the middle of the room invulnerable, much like you meet the puppet master.

Larry: “Filthy adventurers. So you’ve come here to oppress us again, have you? Well, we’ve decided we’re not going to take that anymore.”
“Too long has the baby been the pet of choice for countless people; too long have we been been exploited under our adult counterparts. Too long have our kind suffered.”

Following this, Bobby the Grape Penguin appears next to him. He is also invulnerable.
Bobby: “And us penguins have not had a fate any better. What say we charge these adventurers for their crimes, Larry? I suggest their lives.”

Then, Larry spawns 3 other pets: each of these represent Attack Close, Attack Mid and Attack Far. I suggest Bat, Squirrel and Dragonfly, as they are parts of some of the most ignored pet eggs by players. However, as long as that pet represents the ability and is of common ability, it is fine. The moment these are spawned, the attack med will say: “You never cared about us. Well, you should soon!” and begin to attack!

The attack close pet charges at the nearest player (Like savage, because as there is no pet with savage first ability this is pretty much the only way i can fit it in) and shoots a burst of 3 large, white but slow bullets similar to O1 in rage–except now they’re wider, but there’s one in the middle. It does this every 2 or so seconds. Each of these does 200 damage, so this is by no means something anyone can confidently tank. Even a maxed knight would take around 100 damage. AND to make matters worse, it can’t be stunned. If all you have is a team of melees, this will cause you some pain. It has only 12000 HP, though, and its shots have low range (i’d say 5ish seems fair), so killing it should be pretty fast. You CAN stasis it if you’re having too much trouble juggling it along with the other two.

The attack mid pet stays mostly where it is, moving in place a bit to make it not incredibly easy to hit it. It shoots a single medium-sized white ball at the nearest player, dealing only 120 damage.
…Except it does this 2 or 3 times every second, meaning you will quickly die if you stand there and let it hit you. It has a range of 8, so staff classes barely outrange it. It cannot be stasised, meaning it will always be there to hit you until you take away its 15000 HP. (Also meaning if you troll with mystic, it won’t work entirely.)

The attack far pet circles very quickly around Larry, who is in the center–still invulnerable, along with Bobby–and avoids direct contact with a player, meaning this guy is going to be a pain to kill. (Don’t all dungeons need something like that?) It cannot be paralyzed, but can be slowed–meaning huntresses are going to have an easier time with this. Once per second, it fires a shot dealing 80 damage towards not the nearest but a random player, and with a range of 12 could very possibly hit the target across the room. It has 20000 HP, meaning… yeah. You’re not going to enjoy trying to kill it.

So you may be wondering, what are Larry and Bobby doing in the middle of the room while you’re fighting off the other pets? They, being Heal and Mheal pets respectively, are helping their fellow pets. Larry heals each pet for 100 HP every few seconds, much like Nut, but you should be able to handle it. Bobby Mheals at a much slower rate, maybe only once every 10 seconds or so; however, when he mheals the other pets, they are immediately able to fire again. So imagine this: You’re a warrior, and you time your charge right after the attack close fires to get some damage in. Normally, this would be no problem, but if Bobby happens to Mheal, it’s going to immediately fire again…and you’re going to get a heart attack. And maybe die. So just a little something extra to have to keep in mind as you fight. Remember that YOUR pet is still stasised, so you can’t tank as much.

Once all 3 of the attack pets are dead, Bobby will say: “Let me go finish them off!” He changes sprites into a larger, Rare/Legendary penguin. He then becomes vulnerable and assumes the movement pattern of godland gods: somewhat slowly following the nearest player. He gains a random ability of Attack Close/Mid/Far, meaning you will have a somewhat different experience from dungeon to dungeon. (Attack far will probably be easiest to handle, because this time he’s not moving all over the place.) Furthermore, his MHeal frequency will increase, once every 5-6 seconds. He has 30000 HP.

However, at the same time he summons 3 MORE pets, as if you hadn’t had enough of them already. These represent Decoy, Rising Fury and Electric. Preferably i’d like to see the electric pet as an automaton, but again as long as they are common and represent their ability it’s fine.

The decoy pet turns itself to look like Bobby, and attacks and moves in the same way, but is much weaker: its attack close would only do 100 damage, attack mid 50 and attack far 20. It also doesn’t mheal, so it’s just really a nuisance when you’re trying to kill Bobby instead and don’t know which is which. It has 5000 HP, so if you see its HP bar going down much faster it’s the decoy. Cannot be stasised.

The rising fury pet stays in the same spot the entire time, in the middle of the room, to charge up its ability. Periodically, every 4-6 seconds, it throws a blood bomb with radius 6 (which is much larger than you think!) onto itself, dealing 250 damage. Do you really want to take 250 damage? No you don’t. So be careful around this thing! Please! With 15000 HP and immune to stun, clearing this thing won’t be easy.

And then we have the electric pet: it savages quickly towards the nearest player, and it shoots like a brute: very short-range, 1 or 2, but dangerous shots. However, it shoots around itself the entire way this time (unlike the brute, which only shoots in the general direction of a player), 8 bullets that each do 90 damage AND paralyze the player for 1.5 seconds. Considering it’s very fast, and it shoots once per second, if you get paralyzed and aren’t careful, you can get perma-paralyzed, sat on and die. :frowning: 15000 HP, cannot be paralyzed, so it is recommended you kill this first.

Once all four of these pets are dead, Larry will say: “How dare you kill my brethren for this! I will avenge them!” He will then, extremely quickly, charge towards the nearest player–with a speed so fast it is impossible not to get sat on. When he comes within a range of a single tile from a player, he will yell, “DIE!!!” and flash… only to do nothing. (However, when the dungeon first comes out–if it ever does–this will give many a player a heart attack.) Because, as a heal pet, he has no direct attack… :stuck_out_tongue: He will then become vulnerable, with 100000 HP, and slowly attempt to move away from the player, saying “How could this happen?” Now is the time to whale on him. He still heals himself for 100 every few seconds, but if you have anything over a kendo stick you should do more than he heals.

However, when he reaches 10000 HP, he will suddenly become invulnerable and run to the center of the room–for this is his rage phase, despite not having a normal phase apart from running away. He says, “I can tolerate this oppression no longer! When all is at stake, i must not back down!” He then grows… into a Battle God.

In case you didn’t know, this is the battle god.

He will then gain one of Attack Close/Mid/Far and Electric abilities, making him quite dangerous to deal with. He heals himself back up to 40,000 HP, and his heal ability becomes a lot stronger as well–he heals 500 every second. You need a good, consistent group DPS for this, or it’s going to take a ridiculously long time. Furthermore, he has become stun immune, paralyze immune and stasis immune, and charges at the nearest player–so a slightly less dangerous, but a somewhat longer Nut rage. You guys love Nut rages, right? Make sure you have a decent group with decent dps to fight this guy. When he is about to die, he flashes and says, “No! We will rise up again!” And die, dropping the exit portal, along with some nice items.

Each of the Attack Close/Mid/Far pets drop T9-10 Weapons and T10-11 Armor, and also an attack pot. The Decoy, Rising fury and Electric drop the same items, but defense instead of attack. These all drop at fairly common rates, so many players can get them.

Bobby drops T9-11 Weapons, T10-12 Armor and Mana–albeit at a low rate, considering how he’s not as difficult as some other bosses that drop it, such as shatters or hard-mode nikao. Larry Drops T10-11 Weapons, T11-12 Armor, and a Life pot at a low rate.

So what makes this dungeon so worthwhile? Well, all the pets, even the pretty useless Decoy one, has a chance to drop Fries (250 FP), Great tacoes (500 FP) or Power Pizza (750 FP). From Bobby the GRAPE penguin, you can also acquire some GRAPES of wrath (1500 FP), and from Larry you could acquire a Superburger (2000 FP). (Or, I dunno, design some other thing called Baby Food or something.) These aren’t guaranteed, but still have a not-too-shabby rate, meaning you can get some really nice feed power–now for free.

BUT, all of these pets have a very low chance of dropping a pet skin–be it a bagston, jaco or goldy, they drop from all the pets at an extremely low rate. (You shouldn’t be worried, because [1] If it ever gets released It’ll be around full time unlike a chest event, and [2] There are 8 Pets. 8 Chances of loot. Think about it.) This is what people will be coming to this dungeon for. Pet feed and skins. (And maybe life.)

The enemies in this dungeon on their own are not very dangerous (other than raging Larry), but when combined it is hard to consider all the enemies at once, and with damage up to 250 a shot this could get very dangerous. Combine that with a somewhat small area and the permanent pet stasis, and one slip-up could make your grave.

TL;DR: You fight pets. Your pet is an idiot and doesn’t do stuff. These pets team up to make your day miserable. You should team up as well. This dungeon drops pet food. Pet food is delicious. This dungeon also drops pet skins. You want pet skins. So approve of this dungeon and i’ll send this to DECA.

Aaaand we’re going to get a lot of haters aren’t we because I’m a red star and i don’t look like i know what i’m talking about. :frowning: Time to realize i have 0 self esteem

Pet Themed Dungeon

lol loved that.

we dont hate because of stars :stuck_out_tongue:
at first it looked like it was super un-developed, but it looked decent… i only read the first two paragraphs and the TL;DR

Wow! I really love the concept and lore behind this!

Dude, I love this idea! Please format it a little better, maybe in Docs, or something like that. Other than that, this is probably one of the funniest and best ideas for a Janus dungeon I’ve ever heard. Maybe add a very low rate for ambrosia too, or something with more feed power than 750 from the bosses.

lol Larry the demented baby, give him red eyes and angry eyebrows :grin:

This is simply amazing, most people would start making dungeons that are completely out of context, but this thing branches out from the default Rotmg ideology, well done.
Since this is a Janus dungeon, you might want to consider perhaps making the bosses a bit stronger and upping the drops.
Apart from that, this is all-around genius.

Larry the Demented Baby…

That’s such a cool idea!

Well, the problem of that is that Deca wouldn’t implement it if there’s so much pet feed that nobody will buy it from deca anymore.
So I suggest making the higher pet feed (1500/2000) chances about twice the chance of a jaco pet skin from encore (very low).

Also, wasn’t the FP of most pet skins equivalent to an ambrosia? If so, it would be better to have that drop chance really really really low.
You know, he mobs all drop all the pet skins, and if that would end up giving lots of ambrosias for free, noone would buy ambrosias anymore. Someone who’s good at math should calculate a good drop chance so that the combined chance after you get sb on all the mobs is still the approximate rarity of an event white.
After all, pet skins are meant to be a buyable feature in general, not necessarily a f2p feature.

Other than that, I approve of this dungeon idea.

Yes, what i was about to say :stuck_out_tongue:

As much as I, a F2P player who could use some extra items and pet feed would love adding ambrosia, if I were the manager of DECA i would not even consider adding ambrosia in. DECA needs this to make money; sure, people buy character slots and vault chests too, but look at how expensive ambrosia is and how much of it people need to max a divine–or even a legendary. I estimate a large majority of DECA’s income is based around ambrosia or keys, and if nobody wants to buy ambrosia anymore… :frowning: Then DECA can’t afford to keep RotMG up anymore and where would we be??

If you don’t like math, you might want to skip this next section.
There’s a TL;DR down there if you want.

The probability isn’t too hard to do, although requires some more advanced math. Assuming the chance of an event white is 1/500, the chance of not getting an event white is 499/500. Assuming the drop rates from every pet is equal, the chance of this is equal to (the chance of not getting from each pet)^8. Thus, the chance of a pet not dropping it is (499/500)^(1/8), or about 0.999749781. Thus, the chance of getting one is 1 minus that–or 0.00025ish, which is just above 1/4000. “But Doinker, can’t you have just divided 1/500 by 8 to get 1/4000?” Okay, this is where decimal points get so small it ends up being somewhat like this, but you can’t just divide like that for general problems. If we adjusted the chance of getting event white to 1/10, for example, the chance of not becomes 9/10, the chance of one drop not becomes 0.98691628136, and the chance of it being so becomes closer to 1/75 than the 1/100 we derived by dividing. This may not look like much, but it means you’re going to have to grind 25 more dungeons to get that cool new easter bagston you wanted. (They’re probably going to make an easter bagston.)

TL;DR: The drop rates are going to be around 1/4000.
Happy grinding kids.

…HOWEVER, if each pet skin drops at 1/4000, assuming you have like 5 pet skins that’s 1/800, meaning it’s much easier to get a single pet skin (just below plane and ep), but you probably won’t get the one you want, unless you want them all. (You know, for the FEED POWER) But DECA is going to look at this new probability, and say, that’s still too high for ambrosia to be dropping! Aaaand lower the TOTAL probability of all the pet skins to 1/4000. Meaning if there are 5 pet skins… each of them will drop from each of the pets at a rate of 1/20000. The chance of getting struck by lightning in your lifetime is 1/12000.

TL;DR x2: If there are multiple pet skins and DECA doesn’t want pet skins overall dropping at a high rate, then you probably have a higher chance of being struck by lightning than getting a particular pet skin (not any) from a single pet. Soooooo… happy hunting!

Yeah, starting to put it into docs and trying to add a few sprites.

…All these new fangled gadgets and doo-hickers! How do i put this document to be shared with everyone, but only in ‘Read-only’ mode? Bah! The teenagers these days have too much spare time to mess around with this!

…So yeah, i’m not very good at using docs considering how i’ve only ever used it once or twice. Getting formatting polished up may take a bit.

Does it seem like i can submit this right now, or should i polish this up a bit more? I feel there are a few minor details i want to fix (not to include making it into a google docs or something), but for the large part I think i’m good. (I mean i’m going to get rejected either way sooo…)

What do you mean by submit? Are you going to email them or post on reddit or something?

Ironic because people will solo this WITH PETS

Dude you are permanently pet stasised in this dungeon

Did you even read the idea?

Love the idea! Really never thought about pets having a rebellion…:grinning:
Maybe it should drop and entirely new pet skin a low rate instead of the others?
maybe instead of choosing atk close/ atk mid/atk far the whole time, it could be phases, even though the idea of different experiences is cool.

Dropping a new pet skin is something for DECA to decide.

I think the different rounds of pets would serve as phases well enough, but i don’t know. After thinking about this the boss fight really is somewhat easier than it should be. (Meaning i’ll have to add more things to it’s rage… :worried:

same goes with everything in the idea section, everything here is just fan made ideas.

Adding Sprites for everything would be helpful if you submit it to DECA.