New ST set and A STory of War!

Only temporarily, the campaign is to just get the set before they become stoppable

(Pirate ring better drop from Dreadstump or I’ll be disappointed)

It seems like in general people either don’t really understand how exactly the overarching plan for the STs works (which is fair if you’ve only seen this patch notes and nothing else, because I don’t think the plan is explained too well just here), and/or they haven’t been keeping up with patch notes, so I’ll just post the really good explanation of it from a previous announcement:

As I’ve said before, I think this is a good idea. However, I think this first iteration of it could use some refinement.

I think that these campaigns, if they remain at this current pricing, should have an option to directly spend towards the campaign for 2x the points (or, they could just halve the pricing altogether), just like how the Unity Campaign worked.
I’m not sure if this is already the case with directly spending on the campaign.
The pricing is already insanely high for items that will be released at hopefully reasonable drop rates within less than two month’s time even if it were halved. As it is now, it’s ludicrous, and if anything deters people from spending because dear lord that is absolutely not a trivial amount of money.

Like, this is almost gatcha game highest rarity/waifu-chasing level of IAP. But here there is no game-breaking meta character or cute anime girl to chase after, these are literally items that regular players can obtain if they just wait like 8 weeks, and can lose with death in a permadeath game where death should be fairly common. The price should be set reasonably and rationally, because we aren’t just disembodied wallets, and you’ll likely lose a lot of potential purchases from people who have some spending money, but don’t swim in it.
Once again, people can obtain these without spending a cent in a month and a half’s time. The pricing should reflect that. People can also easily die with these unless, god forbid, you’re balancing around the people who are violating ToS. The pricing should reflect that too.

Also, while we’re at it, please make the campaigns automatically opt-in. If there is no fee to enter then it should automatically opt you in. I don’t know if there’s anyone on this planet who would not want bonuses for spending money that they wouldn’t normally get. It makes no sense to not automatically opt people into the campaign.
I’m sure you’ll get some whales who forgot to originally opt-in sending in support tickets to fix the situation, as well. Customer support already can take quite a while to get back to you so I don’t think it’s great to push additional workload onto them when the fix is simple.
(and if the fix isn’t simple for some backend reason, I strongly question if it’s an appropriate time to continue down this road. This is huge amounts of money in play and I don’t think it’s a great look to the playerbase to just wing it and say you’ll cross the bridge when you get to it)

Another thing I think is an issue is the crates. It’s already been mentioned on Reddit that spending 12 dollars to get 5 ST shards is incredibly, incredibly disappointing. Personally, I would replace the ST shards with a full ST chest, and take the clover and perhaps the ambrosia out of the pool entirely. (maybe the crates could be left alone, if the overall pricing was halved as I stated earlier).

disclaimer: I’m not the kind of person to spend money on ST items when they can be obtainable for free in-game, no matter what the drop rate, and buying ST items also just doesn’t sit right with me since I believe it goes against the whole game’s theme of farming loot. So I’m not really the demographic that would actually be spending money on ST items and I can’t relate to it, but I try to understand it.

is this lore

So you can now turn your huntress into a superior warrior who can also heal others with a lvl 93 mp heal? With a void/st bow that thing gives you over 4k solo dps on a ranged class

Not sure whats worse, the possibilty that this won’t get nerfed or the possibility that Deca will nerf it at the point when it becomes available as a drop ingame.

I wouldn’t count on it getting nerfed to be honest. The archer set is still incredibly broken after all this time.

This is still at the cost of no longer having slow, as well as having a pretty slow throw time of 1 second.

It’s definitely strong as fuck against more stationary opponents, but you’re going to lose out on a super-useful slow if they’re moving around.

Was going through my screenshots just now, and found one for this - from the in-game menu screen:

Kinda funny that they need to include the warning about not using the warrior set below level 12 (presumably because the -DEX takes you to zero or negative DEX meaning you can’t shoot?).

No its just superrrrr slow.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.