Non HP rings need a buff

hacks, probably

You can remove any formatting stuff with \ in front of it.
This is why \*this* comes out as *this*.

still i think skill tree would be great after releasing o3, shots for 400 damage would be dank, so vit would have its value. Also we can nerf pets and then add skill tree. Skill tree would make RotMG more “RPGish” i think

If you insist, buff the non-HP and Mana ring stat to 10:1 ratio, meaning T6 Dex ring would give 18 Dex than the current 10 Dexterity.

When I was making this post, I thought about this same idea but I realize many players would dislike this idea.

That is good to hear that deca increased the stats. I don’t mind people using UBHP/DECA or any HP ring either, its just that I have a problem when the meta is purely HP rings considering we have so many other rings (not including event rings like american ring).

Skill tree? That is a bit much to add in the game, a simple solution is all that is needed in the game. Adding something major may off balance the game.

Vit can have a different ability other than purely recovering HP. I was thinking it could reduce the duration of debuffs.
(ex: a projectile slows the player for 5 seconds; but with 40 vit, the projectile only slows that player for 4.6 seconds)

I’ll tl;dr at the start, buffing things because other things are too out of balance isn’t the best way to handle it, Rotmg’s default has been to do this, one or a few things in isolation, instead of doing a wholesale rebalance, and it’s ended up with the game like it is. Playerbase goes batshit if something gets presented as nerfing our powers, so something different is needed.

The history/reason for the state of things is

Pets wildly unbalanced things because they gave us the power of hundreds of VIT/WIS, so from then on new content had to deal high burst damage to be anything of a threat (because sudden dmg is the only way to kill off a high pet player), so players naturally adapt to high dmg by giving themselves the biggest margin of safety (HP items).

And the mistaken HP-scaling also devalued other stats. Before, you needed to be sure your own dps was high enough to “get your damage in quickly”, but now everything is guaranteed to not instadie, so dps is fairly pointless in a group, better to go with survival.

The rational solution would be to rework bosses so they are less insta-y, and reduce pet heals, and reduce the HP on equipment. So not a nerf (omg nerf lets riot), but a “rebalance”. Done sensibly, slowly, step by step, taking the community along with the game, giving time to react and adjust to the changes.

But I doubt that Deca has a plan to do that. They after all keep releasing equipment items with more and more HP, adding HP into the set bonuses and such, because they know this is the most important stat that goldplayers want to buy. Because it is the most useful stat.

(Latest ninja ST set gives Overall Stat Bonus: +480 HP, +20 ATT, +5 DEF, +10 SPD, +25 VIT allowing a ninja to strut around with 1200HP.)

To me Deca seems more like stewards of the game, rather than visionaries striving for some ideal Rotmg, which is really what’s needed for something like game balancing (and why WS was invested in doing it - read the old update notes*, there were so many balance and ‘small’ changes). And without something whole-game changing (like the in/out of combat that got tested), players won’t move away from HP items, because HP is just so important, under the current style of game content.

Yeah, players would carry a 20SPD ring as a swapout but pointless to wear it in a fight where the boss can do 700 dmg to you in the time it takes you to react, if this means you are down to 670HP without an HP ring.

Although the Deca era has been bad for balance, it’s not without hope, Unity/Exalt has been the single biggest focus for months, and once that’s had a line drawn under it, hopefully game balance will be back on the menu.

Okay, but the set wasn’t made by Deca, but by Aurum.
He purposefully decided to balance it around lots of HP but a pathetic amount of defense.

Now is when I call you out. The changes to Assassin, Trickster, Sorcerer, Necro, and various other untiered items that I needn’t go over made the game ever so slightly more balanced.

And once IC/OoC is out, you’ll wish you’d’ve never said that. That’s not a threat, it’s what I know.

The General Chat Thread

I suppose I’m straying onto overall feeling that the game isn’t improved as a whole, and using “bad” to mean “they could have done so much but haven’t”…yet (hope). I had forgotten that poison throws were sped up, skulls/sceptres were given more DMG etc, and that is to Deca’s credit, so thanks for that kick!

full stop

Really nice thought!!

For a while I’ve wanted non-HP rings to have a small amount of HP to make the opportunity cost lesser. Something like

• t1: unchanged
  • t2: +5 main stat, +20 HP
  • t3: +6 main stat, +40 HP
  • t4: +7 main stat, +50 HP
  • t5: +8 main stat, +60 HP
  • t6: +10 main stat, +80 HP

It steps on the toes of the tomb rings a little bit, but they can be rebalanced if necessary. I think they’d be fine, personally.

I know it kind of defeats the purpose of making tiered rings exclusively of one stat, but I think it would be more balanced if, say for example, exalted rings all had +30 hp, and the exa hp was nerfed from +160 to +140 or +150 hp. Nerfing hp rings by a small amount and giving tiered speed, dex, vit, etc. rings an hp boost would give players more incentive to diversify equipment choice. Also, I do think pets should be nerfed they kinda make the wis and vit stats useless.

Oops just saw this lol didn’t mean to steal your idea

Exahp is already +140 HP , not sure what game you’re playing…

I think he meant unb

UBHP is +180 HP, either way he’s wrong <:

Oops 140 to 120/130 then sorry didn’t check

Vit seems like it will still suck.

80 hp and 10 vit? I’d rather just have 140 hp with an exa hp.

VIT as a stat is broken. Nothing I do to rings would be able to fix that.

Well, I mean you could design a ring that did pet stasis to self. :laughing:

jUsT mAkE vIt BuFf YoUr Pet
b i g b r a i n