November 2015 Paris Attacks: Remembrance Thread

AHHHHHHH!!! I didn’t realize it until now.

Today is the 5th anniversary of 2015 Paris Attack. May we have give respect to the innocents who died and recall from 5 years ago?

First reaction when you heard the news?

Plz don’t remove/hide this post, this is just a reminder…

I feel that this would be better in its own thread if you want to start a conversation. -Book

The General Chat Thread

ironic that you use that picture, since at least darth vader has some remnant of positive emotion inside him rather than making light of events in which people fucking died

Huh? Me no disrespect the victim.

Yeah, using memes definitely isnt disrespect.

Just drop it and please do the opposite of what you’re doing now.

My first reaction was ‘Huh. That’s a thing’ after i learned it existed more than 4 years after the event.

Done.

What does F in the chat mean?

Write F in the chat to pay respect is mainly used jokingly in video games when a character dies.
If something sad happens, for example you die in the video game or you kill a chicken in Counter Strike, someone can say Write F in the chat to pay respect.

Sometimes it’s used more seriously, when a squadmate or partner dies in a game, but it’s also often used sarcastically or cynically, like when a hilarious epic fail happens on stream or someone’s favorite character gets nerfed in an update.

It’s a funny/joke way to ask for respect for an unfortunate situation.
EX. “I didn’t know that paper was due today so I’m getting a 0 on it. Can we get an F in the chat”

The F stands for Fail and is used as a sign of respect when somebody humbly fails at something. Often used as a joke, it’s literally a meme.

The F doesn’t stand for fail, it’s a reference to a call of duty scene

I know, I quoted various sources with the intent of showing that it’s used as a joke and not a serious thing people do in reaction to death. That part specifically was incorrect.

Ok. And that too.

is this srsly worth arguing about tho?

The original unedited post… did not go well.

Thank you.

Was surprised because it was probably the first time I realised that these kinds of attacks can happen anywhere, France is about a 4 or 5 hour journey from where I am, shorter if going by plane.

what the fuck happened here

i don’t take kindly to terrorist attacks having memes plastered over them, its been adjusted already anyway

Nothing, let’s go back to the buteco.

I heard the news when I was middle school (7th grade). My 1st reaction to this were shocked and awed. It happened, on a Friday night. I imagine dudes in Paris are having a break after working a week. But then, they hear gunshots, screaming, blood spatters…

A week later (this is going to be weird), when my school’s sport team won a game against other school… everyone were cheering but me… something inside of me created a raincloud and then I started to cry, right front of everyone.

C-commemoration?

That’s what Book titled this page…

Explained on the Discord: Commemoration is just a remembrance of events or of people/a person, and not always positive.

If you don’t like the title @PRCSakura, you are more than welcome to change it! That was me coming up with something quickly, as I was in a hurry irl.