Patch X.20.0 Merry Oryxmas

The cutlass is more than usable, it’s a very good choice now as it now has higher DPS than Acc until a defense of about 90, if I can trust what I just saw on Reddit.

Those wintergreen ents sure know how to give
if you want the tokens and stuff just go farm them

But the company wants players to feel satisfaction, gratitude, and “pride” for obtaining rare whites. Isn’t that the official reason why the new top tier items in Lost Halls were soulbound?

Sounds perfect for the knight.

Just a question -
With the primal ice shards, can u only exchange them at a rate of 1 stack per day?

Yep, it’s just like a normal quest
You turn in 5 ice shards, and get a primal ice as a reward.

you also get them from login calendar, as well as getting them as drops by themselves. anything that drops normal ice also drops primal ice afaik

what

Of course, but most Encounter UT drop rates are on a whole different level than that. The idea was to make them rare and and an amazing feeling to get, but the reality is that players might just not get the one they want even after several years of trying. That doesn’t feel particularly great. It makes finally getting it all the more satisfying, but also discourages actually using it since it’s so rare and valuable - it’s not something you want to end up losing in an instant.

I present the real reason my conflict hasn’t left my vault.

(replace with cdirk in the sentence above)

But all of that is plainly obvious for anyone who has been playing this game for more than a few months. Also I don’t particularly feel satisfied after getting a rare UT, I just get very frustrated for the reasons you stated plus the fact that it is untradeable.

BTW you still haven’t addressed what you will do with Cronus drop rates or obtainability while reducing etherite down to a “niche”. I guess dagger classes will just get nerfed down.

The way Krathan put it, I’m guessing other things will get buffed to fill the void left by a nerfed etherite. Even as it stands the etherite is getting less and less useful because of the new endgame content. In other places where the etherite used to shine, the bee dagger is a better choice if you’re facing multiple enemies.

For example, this is one way of reworking the dagger classes:

• nerf etherite
  • cloak gives curse
  • prism decoy shoots too (maybe with less dps)

crap didn’t think about that, I drop trade from one char to the next all the time.

Change this to only be in dungeons, nexus and realm should keep your sb bags active.

And I think that’s overall just too many different changes to the gameplay for one purpose. Cloaks giving curse and prism decoy shooting sound awesome but shouldn’t happen because etherite was nerfed, they should happen for their own sake.

I would rather not favor changing bunch of other aspects of the dagger classes (like their abilities) just for the sake of counteracting (what I presume to be) an eventual big nerf to etherite.

I really like that leaf bow got buffed so now it will be worth farming.

(BTW Deca is the best thing since sliced bread) <3 u dekker

Replace crown in the sentence above

It’s really to rebalance dagger classes like what they’ve done to other classes (by the way, I think mystic and ninja should be buffed more). The eventual nerf to etherite will just be part of the package.

As of now the etherite is a far superior choice to cdirk in almost all instances. I would hate to see it getting nerfed since it would effectively nerf all dagger classes. That’s why other changes are needed to compensate for it. But it’s not like they are needed solely because of the etherite nerf. Even now the dagger classes are underplayed so a buff is still justified whether etherite is nerfed or not.

By the way, as Deca patches more dupe exploits eventually etherite will become very expensive along with other st items. So dagger classes shouldn’t be reliant on etherite to perform well because at that point most players can’t afford it.

The drop rate of event whites should be
100-p(10+p); where p is the amount of player who got SB.

jk that would lead to a negative sometimes let’s try again

c+p; where is factor based on your fame (in increments of 1000; so that people with 2k fame have a +.05% over a person with 1k fame; so on and so forth until the boost becomes .5%)(Which should mean that if you have 10K fame you have the highest chance of getting a (ogmur/jugg/conflict/insert event white here))

c would be the current event drop rate

ofc fame trainers would abuse this, but people who have legitimately played long and hard on their characters will actually benefit from using them.

*Special side note; please halve @CandyShi’s white drop rates; his/her luck is insane

jk pls no ban

I don’t see any advantage to this whatsoever that simply boosting drop rates wouldn’t accomplish. there’s no need to make things complicated.