Pet kills giving XP

Noticed something interesting today; you know how if your pet kills an enemy without you hitting it, you don’t the XP for it? Well apparently some enemies give it to you (smol beach scorpions) so now idk which ones do or don’t.

Trivial Issues Thread

I know cubes and scorpions and pirates and bandits, but I don’t know what else. I know the smol elves don’t

I dont wants to kill pet to took a xp

Maybe theres some xml attribute that causes this

@toastrz can you clear up?

I also noticed this, since my pet has Attack Mid as its third ability.

I tried looking into Pfiffel’s DPS calc for answers, but it only raised more questions: next to the EXP value of enemies is a second value. I’m not sure if that’s the amount of EXP they give when you’re not level 20, but since Pirates have this in their information,

EXP: 1 (0)

I’m unsure if that’s really the case.

Addendum: Does it have to do with how EXP is usually calculated, with these values being an override to them? It was 10% of an enemy’s HP, I believe, with the cap being 195 unless a multiplier is specified.
Yeah, that’s how it more or less works. The (old) Void Entity has this in its information:

EXP: 50001 (25642000)

Seeing as its old HP was 1,000,000, this means that to get to 50,001 EXP, you’d need to multiply it with about 256.41585…; two-decimal rounding leads to 256.42, which multiplied by its HP of 1,000,000 grants you the weird 25,642,000 value.
/off-topic, still not sure of how the pet thing works

I thought I’d share this pic if anyone is curious:

This research was done and compiled into this pic about a year ago by my guildie and good friend Yasmule who, unlike, most players of this game, really enjoys playing early-game content on unleveled characters with weak gear, and sometimes pets with interesting abilities (savage, electric).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.