Plague needs a buff

in the first wave of public testing, plague was buffed to an okay state, but was still pretty under powered damage wise. in the second (current) wave, plague was nerfed to all hell, and it desperately needs a buff

why does it need a buff?

the plague is honestly trash right now. the plague is roughly 30% the strength of the t6. ok? so why does it need to be equal to the strength of the t6? think of demon blade, planewalker, doom bow, murky. all of them are more common than plague and all of them are comparable and roughly equal in strength (or even better, doom bow) than their respective tops. the plague is a rare drop from an uncommon dungeon, it deserves to be usable. even the resu, a more common white from the same dungeon is as good as the top, in it’s own way. heck, even some cyan uts are comparable to tops (csilk)

okay, so how?

first off, lower that air time. 1.5 seconds air time really held back assassin pre buff. no poison should have that long an air time unless it does crazy damage. I would change it to 1.2, 2/3 as strong as the current t6.

keep the radius the same as it currently is on public testing. it’s currently fine imo

raise the mana cost to 90

increase the damage to 550 damage 50 impact [600 total]. this would make the damage more justifiable for it’s time.

decrease the time to 9. 10 seconds is still too long a time, even though with hp scaling it will be less of a difference, it still would be nice. 1 second difference is not much but it would make it exactly twice of that as the current t6

all of my supposed buffs (and nerfs) would bring the plague to 98% of the strength of the t6, in different ways. you would use plague for more targets and t6 for better damage, while the plague doesn’t outclass the t6 and the t6 isn’t that much better than the plague, bringing balance to a rare white.

calculations(for those interested in how i got my numbers)

current plague on testing

the mana cost on plague is 20% better (6/5)

the radius on plague is a little less than 2x as strong, (2)

the damage on plague is ~half as strong (1/2)

the time for full damage is ~half as strong (1/2)

the air time is ~half as strong (1/2)

6/5 * 2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 0.3 or 30%. remember that because I used rough estimates, the actual power is even LESS than 30%

my plague

the air time is the same (1x)

the radius is nearly twice as strong, a little less**(~2x)**

the cost is 10% better (11/10)

the damage is 33% weaker (2/3)

the time is a little more than 33% weaker (2/3)

11/10 x 2 x 2/3 x 2/3 x 1 = 98 %. this is a lot closer than the current public testing plague, while still a tiny bit weaker. remember that I rounded the time and radius, so the actual strength is really a bit weaker, if i had to guesstimate around 90%

tl:dr

plague is 30% as strong as t6 and with my suggested changes it would be 98% as strong

Edit: it was made aware to me that i am confusing radius with diameter, meaning the area of affect is 4x, not 2x. therefor, i changed the air time to 2/3 (0.8 --> 1.2) and the time to 1/2 (from 7.5 --> 9) . this would maintain the balance

no its 25% better

Ahh! But shouldn’t you consider area instead of the radius? Therefor plague would be 60% strong in testing and 196% strong in your case c:

they changed it back to 80

yes ik
thats 25% better

oh, my bad. i confused radius and diameter… hmm. give me a bit to recalculate

ok i fixed my math

80/100 = 8/10 = 4/5 = 80%, 20% better

you can throw 25% more poisons if it takes 80mp than you could with a cost of 100mp
for example you could throw 5 plagues with 400 mp and 4 t6 ones
so its 25% better

i guess i didn’t think of it that way. regardless, my change to the mana cost would still keep the 10% stronger

Not all of the individual components are equitable, so to suggest that it’s 30% as strong is disingenuous (and would lead to the conclusion that a single pixel poison, doing tens of thousands of points of damage, is balanced).

I feel that they should keep the slower landing time, restore the plague’s radius to 9, but also reduce its MP cost by 10 (to 70), so that it gains the utility of being used as a trash killer, too (but still somewhat less efficient damage-wise than the murky).

i disagree, i think all of the individual components are equitable. my calculations were off, it should be 60% as strong, not 30% (see my edit). However, your extreme example isn’t a fair statement, as it would either be extremely op or completely useless.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.