Possible Dungeon Themes? Discuss!

Ive had this idea about an alexandrian theme dungeon (based on king alexader from dying thessal) which blends greek, egyptian, mesopotamian, and persian themes. I’ve tried to make a dungeon idea out of this, but after a year of idea building, I’m just gonna scrap it. So anyone who wants a new theme can use my scrapped one. Just make it an endgame-like dungeon please.

I have a dungeon idea.

Chicks and sticks. jk.

Well since we have a earth(tomb), water(ot) and fire(abyss) themed dungeon. Lets do a air type one.

i think sprite is air…

the theme we currently have are
the ones mentioned in the post above
science (lab)
jungle (forbiddon)
forest (maze)
pirates (pcave)
hell (abyss and shaitan)
joker (both pups)
medieval (shatters)
creepy crawlers (den and cdepths)
kid-friendly (cland)
toxic (sewers)

and yeah. Theres alot more, but im too lazy to list them all XD

Sprite is more of a rainbow road kind of feel, doesn’t feel like air.

yeah, it rather looks like space/another plane.

Well there’s actually a plethora of Greek references in-game, such as Medusa, Minotaur, Stheno, Archon, Phoenix, Cyclops, Griffon, Ambrosia etc.

Stolen from here after I ran out of ideas after Stheno lmao.

Now I really wanna see an Olympus dungeon especially after the new content. And it’d be easy lore-wise to integrate it with all those references above.

I’ve always felt that an aliem-themed dungeon could make for a really cool experience, Alien Planet maybe. It would allow for some very creative designs. Outlandish monsters, strange vegetation, reddish terrain with craters and other landforms, etc.

So… the Parasite Den?

Were I not average at sprite making, I would design such a dungeon. As it is, my ambitions are limited, although I am more than happy to collaborate with a decent sprite maker and work out the lore/mathematics of such an end game dungeon.

If I had to say a concept for that dungeon, it would probably be similar to the tomb of the ancients, but instead of Nut Bes and Geb, maybe Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades with unique ability drops rather than rings

Not quite, although that would also be cool if it were created.

Dang. I would’ve been glad to do the sprites if the draw tool wasn’t bugged right now ;-;

me too. But since im not stalling any more ideas, ill guess ill have to use sprites that have no tag and then do the pain of attempting to remake the sprites.

Rip

You should make a Labyrinth dungeon that drops from Minotaurs.

minotaurs already drop snake pit thou…

Rip, they should totally drop labyrinths though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was thinking about adding elevation to my canyon idea. It’s possible, but requires the player’s camera to be locked prevent camera rotation and to center.

I might provide an example if I get the chance to.
(I’ve thought through it in nearly every way and this dungeon would also need to be static, like the Shatters.)

I’m pretty certain the game isn’t capable of overriding player controls and settings like that.

Well, it’s more possible than actual elevation. Providing an illusion would be the best bet for this sort of thing.