Private Realm Keys

So this will probably very controversial and that’s okay but please try to be constructive.

What if the nexus sold private realm keys that would allow solo plays and guild mates to have their own private realm? Keys would be sold at a price higher than tomb keys of course.

Players shouldn’t have to buy private realm keys to actually get loot though. But with notifiers and hackers with auto-aim, it’s nearly impossible with low dps classes in dungeons that get steamrolled.

Discuss

Guild and or Private realms

A Multi’s dream

Related reading.

Yep. Hackers will be less detectable this way unfortunately. However, people who cheat at the game probably go all in and rwt anyway so I don’t think there’d be any incentive for them to buy keys with gold.

Thanks for the post! I couldn’t find this when I searched for key terms. Guess I didn’t look thoroughly.

also its posted under ideas to avoid

I’m gonna go on a limb here and say unless Deca somehow gets infinite server space, the game would just crash or be completely unplayable due to server-sided lag.

Not to mention that this game is above all massively multiplayer and should be developed as such. Spending time and resources purely for solo players is a waste in this situation.

Time and resources isn’t an issue here. Rotmg is a comparatively small game and does not need much management. We don’t know if Deca is devoting themselves to other projects, but it seems like they are not doing much… in terms of what they’re doing for this game. Sure, patch fixes, a few new dungeons, a few small events? One person could be doing this.

Server wise, yes this couldn’t happen unless they recode the game in a more complex programming language and increase their servers and capacity for players.

lol armchair gaming expert

They have all staff currently working either on fixing the colossal pile of issues that have accumulated in the game during Kabam’s tenure, improving admin tools or creating new content. All of this takes a lot of time and resources.

Making realm keys would require someone to think about how to balance the price, design a key, figure out how they want to sell it (Mystery Box? Special event? Permanent Nexus shop? Maybe a little bit of all, which means they also need to plan out in advance the release and the transition from one phase to the next?). All of this takes time and resources they don’t have.

Changing the language would do fuckall to solve the issue. Think about it: what’s the biggest amount of realms this game ever had to maintain simultaneously? 100? Maybe 200? You’re asking Deca to provide the ability for every player to have their own realm. That would require enough server capacity, in theory, for more than 300 000 accounts, and that’s not counting any asshole who would dupe the key and mass open it to try and make the game crash.

In short, this is not only a completely pointless idea, but also one that would have a severe negative impact on the game.

im sorry @audiovoid, but usually in arguements between others i like sitting out of it, but RMGnoob is clearly right, the amount of server space is unreal, as well as it being a “co-op” game

And unless deca has been lying about there team size, they probably only have one game, that is alot of work still.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.