Producer’s Letter - What’s coming next to the Realm of the Mad God?

I suppose. They should really clarify.

I really appreciate Deca taking the time to let their player base know what they are working on currently in the game. :smiley:

I assume it’s still in the works and they haven’t decided yet.

I was really glad and excited to see this letter.

The player base has been VERY vocal lately about changes and the impacts those changes have, and it is obvious from this that DECA hasn’t simply turned a blind eye. Balancing the wants of the community with their needs as a business can be very challenging, and I am happy to see how well they are doing this, making sure that they can still have an income and also making huge in-game changes.

All of the ideas look great. The only thing I really am excited for is that they finally have been pushing out communication to the community. DECA is really making bold steps, and i’m excited for the future.

@Craftable , your WIP is about to become a real thing.

Does anyone know if our current pet’s skins will be perm pet skins?

If we assume the worst, pets probably will not be able to toggle between pet skins of their previous incarnations. DECA only said

But since they only said “What we can definitely tell you” we can assume that the “definitely” implies that that is the only certain thing they have decided on. This gives the potential for revival of your pet’s reincarnations, but this also means that they haven’t decided to revive your pet’s old skins.

If the community protests with the message of “we spent money on those skins” this may work, but, in truth, you already willingly got rid of those skins and that was your fault and DECA has no obligation to give them back to you.

heart touching and Risky at the same time

Fame System rework

• Fame trainer would not STFU if it change the best way to gain fame
  • Unless it additional to the system, everyone would be happy

Pet Wardrobe

• People would prefer dye and cloth wardrobe instead

New Class

• Just do it!

New trading functionalities

Almost all the ideas were from the community :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Uh not me, sounds like pet wardrobe would be way better

I hope that some fame trainers would be glad if there was a funner way to gain fame, I imagine if they only do glands farming because it is the quickest they would be happy to get a change of pace. Although we have no idea what Deca is even planning to do with fame.

For the time being, I will take back all the doom and gloom I spouted out earlier this month.

Yes. This is what we need. This is all it’ll take to bring me back around.

I was thinking the same thing people are all happy about everything but the new client, wonder why! Did anyone actually stop and think about how many hackers actually play this game? Did anyone actually think about how many people and how much money they will loose by doing this? Look at the update they just put out how many players are not currently playing the game because of no hacked client? hmm funny stuff right.

While yes, I do think some changes would spice the game up, but I think that’s an issue in and of itself, sure the game has its problems, every game does, and I think deca should take a second look before they switch to a new client because there’s tons of hackers on this game, sadly, but the amount of money they bring deca is something that would probably go away if they can’t play the game the way they want to. I’m not saying hacking is a good thing, but for deca, it may just be a necessary evil.

Great, I’m going to be a red star again.
If it’s not a Katana class I swear to god DECA…

People please stop arguing that keeping hackers is all worth it for these reasons, it’s just a bad argument really.
I am sure some hackers will keep playing either from dedication or pure addiction.
I also wonder how much money Deca is putting in to the game to get rid of hackers.

So then how is changing a client changing this any way shape or form? How would spending money to get rid of the hackers work if they’re going to keep playing?

How is deca going to keep making money to back up the new client if 90% of their community isn’t purchasing gold because the playerbase won’t be there. At 4:30 on a Friday, my go to home server, USMW2 is dead, 2 realms and neither are even close to being full, and usually the servers are close to or full. Explain that.

I mean keep playing without hacks. Sorry for any confusion.

New players will come won’t they? I’m not gonna pretend to know how much Deca has to run this game but they should be able to stand through a dip in the player base.
I mean after all they did say they are planning to change to a different client, they must have considered all of your points and more.
Otherwise they wouldn’t be much of a company.

Clearly they haven’t considered everything about the game since they don’t see it from our perspective.

We have a far different perspective than they do. Why would they be putting that in the second paragraph if they already knew how we felt about it or if they knew what they were going to do. If they didn’t want our feedback, they wouldn’t have posted this. A dip in the playerbase could be devastating to the company because if you lose the top 20% of people who purchase the most gold, you’d lose a lot of money. There are people who have spent over $3k to max out a divine pet, and still actively purchase a lot of gold, if they stopped playing, a lot of profits would follow. If they had already considered every point I made, and more, what would be the point in asking for our feedback?