Producer's Letter: End of MotMG, Clarifications and Updates

Maybe Deca should do things that let us not think that

The first time I read this letter I was satisfied.

The second time I read this letter I regretted investing the amount of time and money that I have into this game.

What do you have in mind?

@Mynamerr and @Niegil are frustrated with DECA in some capacity, and they’re the ones who’ve stayed on the game the longest…

Does that mean anything? nah, ofc it doesn’t
/s

Where did they say that? All I see is the paragraph where they agree that the chest events are getting boring and repetitive and that they do notice that the nexus popping and sitting around is taking away from the game.

Not saying you’re lying or anything I’m just interested

They’re saying the feedback is less important than the results. Sure, chest events may bring in more people, but alienating your more dedicated fanbase that takes the time to talk about the game and browse their reddit and the forums isn’t good either.

They saw Kabam when it was actually good, and think they’re going to fall into the same ‘We want your money without effort’ trap, even though afaik DECA’s well past the amount of time Kabam actually gave a shit at this point

typo

Or else samurai was so boring even DECA forgot about it

I would argue that they’re not really alienating the people on forums and reddit as much as you’d think. Also, people who are upset will complain, but people who are happy won’t really say anything. So I understand your frustration, but I think DECA is basically saying- we recognize that some in the community are frustrated by these events, but it seems like the vast majority of the players enjoys them, and they’re not really seeing evidence to contradict that.

I’m not totally on their side, I do think that the events were too much, but I’m just showing more of their perspective.

are there gonna be any September events?

They haven’t announced anything yet.

I hope not, though…

I would quit at that point.

eh, I already have so it doesn’t really matter

like really what is there to do

Why? I want more events :smiley:

Since I suck and will never get an 8/8 character, I’ll never get burnt out of RotMG

Easy: don’t have a chest event running at the same time.

Easy solution: lower the player limit on dungeons. And don’t raise it for events.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.