Public Testing Longer Duration?

Is there any chance at least 1 of the testing servers will be open at least 4-5 days a week? More time to organize with other players and test new content will give players a chance to truly test new content, both solo and in small groups, as opposed to a bunch of random people jumping into the nearest dungeon in the nexus and playing recklessly because easy fame and you can just keep remaking characters. I liked a lot of the new tweaks in LH 2.0, but would have liked more time to test in depth and organize at least a small group that would attempt to complete LH 2.0 at least through MBC.
On a side note, what happened to Magic Woods? I noticed all the items I got from running it were removed, are the item stats etc. being tweaked/reworked? Or is the whole thing being scrapped?

I would also like to see public testing on a WEEKEND already. All 3 so far have been like Tuesday thru Thursday, and its harder for me and probably other people to get on.

LH 2.0 will probably go through at least one more round of public testing with changes, like what happened with the Magic Woods.

It wasn’t scrapped or anything, it just hasn’t released quite yet. Don’t worry, it’ll be out soon.

As convenient as that would be for some people’s schedules, I doubt it’ll happen. It’s safest to do public testing when Deca is available and can actively monitor what is happening, make progressive changes, and address any issues that may arise. It’s the same reason updates don’t get released on Fridays. If you start something up at that time, it’s just asking for disaster.

Wouldn’t a disaster actually be a decent thing for public testing though? I guess if it’s actively monitored to fix stuff before it breaks, I guess but I still would think leaving something fir players/the game to break is a good thing for testing so it can be squashed instead of sneaking its way to prod.

Don’t expect DECA to extend testing to more than 2 days at a time. There are quite a bit of people in the testing servers and they don’t want to take people away from prod.

Which is exactly what happened in the first public test with the constant crashes from the Magic Woods, but since Deca was active at the time, it was able to be repaired instead of letting it persist throughout the entire testing period and basically ruin the whole thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.