Question about the Battle Pass Seasons

I have to be as descriptive as possible, because I can’t find this again.

When I opened the game today, after the new update, I was prompted with a popup window that said to activate my Battle Pass for the new season for $4.99.

I thought to myself “I thought we still had a couple months until the next season”

I clicked on “Learn more” and it showed a list of prizes locked from level 1 to whatever number it is that the new season had, so I thought we had already entered the new season. :confused:

I closed that window and checked where I was in my new season journey, but I am still in the current/original season.

What was that new season popup/info about? I thought I’d be able to access that list and info again after closing that popup window, but I can’t find it anywhere now. There’s nothing in the Nexus that refers to that new season.

Pretty sure it’s just the current season. It runs until October and is designed so you can buy it at any time up to the end, and collect all the rewards you’ve won but which were locked behind the purchase. If you are considering it I would suggest waiting, to see how far you get with progress in it.

So the popup, which I also saw, isn’t anything new but another chance to buy the current Battle Pass. Is it deliberate, or a bug showing it to you again? I don’t know.

edit: just realised the $4.99 is a discount – when I checked the cost of 1200 gold for the Battle Pass was $5. Not a massive discount though.

Gold is $10 for 1200, so $5 for battle pass is 50% off which in my opinion is a pretty great deal.

That popup was probably because the game got updated and they forgot to remove it when the game loads after that update. It could also be deliberate to either remind players of the battlepass or inform new players that joined after that update.

It could be something stored locally on your PC, in your settings, which they maybe recreated due to the new client, and didn’t take care of that particular item.

The reason I think that is various odd things are stored in your local settings. Various keyboard and graphics settings like most PC games, because they’re often tied to a particular PC, and you might play on another with very different controls/GPU capabilities.

But also things like which server you default to, the char you start with, whether you’ve been to the Tinkerer today, whether you’ve visited the tutorial. Basically things the game needs to know before or as soon as you load into the game. And the popup is that sort of thing.

(how do I know this? As once upon a time after an update the game would crash at the start when you loaded into the Nexus. If you loaded into the Tutorial though you could enter Realm via it and so without the game crashing. And you could edit your settings to make this happen, to make the game think you’d never played before so needed to start in the Tutorial. I became very familiar with editing the [Flash] settings then)

Oof, really!?! I would have thought they wouldn’t dare do that for fear of pissing off people who’d paid $10. It’s not like some subscriptions to e.g. sport seasons where they get discounted as the season proceeds as there are fewer matches left in them. Whenever you buy the Battle Pass the rewards are the same.

I got this pop up this morning even tho I already paid the battle pass but mine was at 1200 gold but maybe because I didn’t redeemed my discount coupons ?

Yeah it might just be because you didn’t get any discounts from the campaign yet.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.