Raspberry PI 4 Problems [Troubleshoot playing realm with Rasp PI]

Hey! =)

When I play this game on my Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB the game crashes every time when there is a lot of monsters. when I enter a cave, t.ex. I run it on the chromium browser because it is the only browser i can start this game with because this game need flash player. I have trying wired/wireless connection without result i have 100/100mbt line. Do you have any tips for solving my problem ?

I don’t think anyone here can help since we don’t exactly play on a Raspberry PI, but someone might know. I feel like you can ask @Mrunibro since he is a coder etc. But I don’t know exactly.

I’m no authority on this but:

I sometimes use Chrome (quick jump on and play, daily quest checks), sometimes Flash Projector. Under Chrome I get lag and DCs with urgles, Son of Arachna and pretty much anything with beam type shots. I also get massive lag when it’s busy like in Oryx’s castle, cube gods, that sort of thing. I also get DCs when entering random locations (dungeons, vault, etc.).

As far as I can tell by the symptoms there is a (software enforced) limit on the amount of packets Flash is allowed either send and/or receive. I’ve tried both wired and wireless on different hardware with the same results.

This is annoying as the game runs much smoother (frame rate) in a browser the projector.

Sadly, Flash Projector isn’t available for ARM (Cortex) on linux.

tl;dr

Realm in browser bad but since there’s no ARM Flash Projector for linux you’re out of luck.

(@DivineOryx) unfortunately my only experience with an RPi is programming assembly, which couldn’t be further removed from using it for realm.

The only lead I can deduce from the post is that you’re using chrome, which is known to work poorly for RotMG due to the specific type of Flash it uses.

Considering the RPi runs Linux (Ubuntu?), you might have to look into getting the standalone flash projector for it. From the Adobe website, this is the link I could find for it:
https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/32/flash_player_sa_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
This is a direct download link instead of the webpage, so in case it is not the right one you might want to try searching “Flash Projector Linux” and see if you can find anything from there.

Once (if?) you’re able to launch the projector on the pi you’re pretty much golden, just open “https://www.realmofthemadgod.com/client” from within the projector and it should work.

The Pi isn’t x86 though.

It’s a Broadcom BCM2711 which uses the ARM Cortex-A72 CPU.

Bootnote: I haven’t actually tried a Pi 4 but I know from the 1, 2 and 3 I’ve played with performance is underwhelming at best despite the headline figures of CPU frequency and video performance.

Unrelated bootnote: I finally managed to solo a Nest last week. You’re personally responsible for the death of several of my chars… :smiley:

You are right, i must have missed the detail that the projector link they gave was x86 instead of ARM.

a search for ‘flash projector arm’ is also not giving much, https://old.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/aj29w1/anyone_know_how_to_install_a_flash_projector_or_a/ , with /r/rotmg being the top result of the search for someone having the same problem but in the past. Looks like his problem wasnt resolved.

The closest solution that was given was “run Wine so that you can run flash within it” which is :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.