Realm will die

No context just watch

Bullshit points. And you wonder why only 16% of your viewers are subscribed. Mainly due to the fact that you spam the forums with every rant video you release.

At this point he’s just looking for more subs by putting videos like this… xd. (I haven’t watch the video but I’m sure it was another rant).

Not really, it’s just subjective talking videos. And I didn’t really make points. And rant videos yea im gonna do that. It’s called separating yourself from the crowd. As everyone does Loot videos and tutorials or how to do specific stuff I’m out here doing videos others won’t do bc of the negative feed back like you are giving. Anyways thanks for being my biggest fan. Come back again and post more hate when I make another video. :grinning:

Not really looking for I’m recommending. I’ve been posting these videos for a while know all because I post in a open post forum for video content doesn’t specifically mean I’m looking for subs. I might recommend you to sub if you want but call it what you want good sir.

I hope you know that every game dies. Kind of a given.

I had way too many laughs watching it, just something about your semi whispery, gentle story teller tone that made it sound like a story for kids :smiley: Too bad a punchline never came and you actually meant that, oh well.

I physically couldn’t finish the video.

His audio is fine, I don’t know what some of you are on about.

as for your point about toxicity, it has always been toxic and cringey, the population increase has not changed this one bit. Hacking and cheating part is true. Though I have no clue what you’re talking about when it comes to the servers being upgraded, they seemed to have gotten slightly worse.

As for hypothetical(?) later in the video, it really confused the fuck out of me. We already know the game, like all MMOs, eventually will die. You could’ve spent those 3ish minutes going more in depths as to the current faults that plague DECA and the game, comparing its current path with the path that other MMOs took, and died on.

That’s about all I have to say though.

Tryhard set mystic UDL montage #37

Tbh I bring out the worst in this community, it’s literally the style of the video and how I don’t show any enthusiasm when making it, it’s too “head point” :joy::joy::joy:

Got me there, sweating my palms off by trying so hard in the making of the video.:grinning::grinning:

Thing was I was going to have a punchline then I stopped and wondered what if I don’t…

Since it seems like nobody else is making a clear point, I’m gonna point out clearly why I (probably including a lot of a community members here) don’t agree with the most part.

As for some general issues with the video : you said 16.9% when the image said 16.6%

• The intro(exactly 30 seconds) which is meant to give viewers a reason to watch; the general introduction of the video is talking about some inner realm gods entering sleep and subscribing to your channel(The outro does this too but usually people does this on outro so I won’t really point this out). This gives a bad reputation to the viewers most of the time.

• I did make a joke about UDL video footage, and there is a reason to it : Watching 5 minute video on “doing godland dungeons” is just, pointless. You are making a video about “Why you think RotMG is dying”. Not EPIC ROTMG GODLANDS DUNGEON MONTAGE OMG (GONE SEXUAL) NOT CLICKBAIT — WR??? video. You should try to make the video actually related to the topic you are talking about. This is more like a podcast to be honest, in which case just put up a single picture or something. Also, that tuturu sound with those red eyes makes me want go back to angusnicn- ok. no. I’m gonna get my account profile deleted again.

• Most, if not all points are backed up with NO EVIDENCE. For example, your very first point was that more players would lead to more toxic community. You gave us no evidence of RotMG exalt giving us more players, nor the proof on any more toxic behaviors in the community(which could be hard to give evidence, but you could’ve given the example of more playerbase giving more toxic community on other games).

Now onto the actual topic.
From what I hear, these are your points in the video summarized:

As the game strives, giving new contect and such, the game would get more playerbase, which would result in more toxic community.

DECA does not care about hackers, they are only here for profit, so the game will die out.

They upgraded their servers but they are still far from being good.

*You suddenly make some weird assumptions with the future of RotMG(DECA selling the game within 5 years and no new content coming up, and the game eventually dying with few loyal players left.) with no proper explanation on how it would happen, so I wouldn’t even call this a point, but closer to your imaginary story based purely on your gut feeling.

And suddenly, video ends, Ta-da! subscribe!

Ok, despite the fact I wish you knew what was wrong with these points, I would still try to explain since looking at this reply makes me feel like I actually DO need to write this shit.

Before I talk about the “actual points of the video”, Let me correct some issues here.

• You DO realize you didn’t really make points, and this video was completely subjective.

Even when you are making a subjective video and doing rants, it must be supported by a proper reasoning and evidence. The ending of this video(made-up scenario) is what makes this feel more like some weird conspiracy theory rather than a rant. Also you provided no possible solution to the fate of this game you have stated, so I’m gonna assume you think this game has no hope. Which is OK, but again, please give us the evidence on your decision.

• You think other people don’t make this type of videos because they are afraid of the hate.

Ok, to be honest I can understand why you are being a bit aggressive. But you should also consider why some people think your videos have “bullshit points” in the first place. IMO I can kind of see what you are trying to say with these 3 points, they are just not connected well together with no evidence.

Also quite a few of youtubers made their own videos on the future of RotMG on their perspective.

https://youtu.be/wQWu2rKBgWs
https://youtu.be/wT6MOp2eMEk
(old) https://youtu.be/JpORlY75Oso
(old) https://youtu.be/aj9T6xHPSU0

Haven’t watched these, but just so you know some other people do make videos.

Enough of this. Time to address your points.
*Copy and pasted “Points summary” part.

As the game strives, giving new contect and such, the game would get more playerbase, which would result in more toxic community.

this game won’t get any more playerbase kekw
The toxic playerbase usually comes from the design of the game, and who plays it. For example, some PvP games such as League of Legends is well-known for its toxic community, and some chill games such as Minecraft survival rarely has fights happening. The “Toxic” behavior originates from Player being angry, unhelpful, and harsh towards others. This includes :

• WHY DON’T YOU HEAL ME PRIESTS
  • WHY WOULD YOU DRAG IT AWAY FROM GROUP
  • lol you want free items or help? go die in a hole
  • (some racist / swear words that come out randomly you guys don’t need to hear)

Ok, for few random crazy people being Nazis with no context, we can’t really do anything about it. At least DECA actually bans those people. For other parts. Most of the time being toxic is when the game doesn’t go too well because of the other players, or because they get angry easily. And what kind of game is RotMG?
It sometimes asks for teamwork, which can easily lead to toxic behaviors. It has permadeath, which can cause extreme frustration to other players. And it provides a good environment for players to be selfish and greedy, with newer players relying on trading and low tier loots.
So it is within the game design. No matter how little or many players there are, there always will be at least one toxic player. Being angry. It can be me, it can be you, and it can be anyone with just the right atmosphere. Even on other games, the only real way to deal with toxicity on games that encourage such behavior is just straight up banning them. Yes, having a toxic community is indeed a problem, but just because RotMG has one doesn’t mean it will directly end up in the demise of the game.

DECA does not care about hackers, they are only here for profit, so the game will die out.

Honestly, this is lowkey true, but we never know what DECA is really thinking. For the past 3 years I have been playing this game, I have seen some changes DECA has made. They removed dungeon reconnect, They removed inventory viewer, and they added some actual good features hacked clients had(number keys swapping items). From what I have seen they have done a few things to reduce the unjust gap between normal players and hackers. I mean, to be real I don’t think autonexus and such will ever get fixed. How does autonexus work? They predict the damage taken by the projectile and force connect the player to nexus(unlike pressing R, not waiting for server responce). How will they prevent that? I’m no coder but let’s assume they managed to change it so that it detects who uses non-stable connections without falsely accusing laggy/glitchy players. Then what? Hackers will almost always find their way around it. Probably make the game force quit or so. What, they are gonna prevent players from closing the goddamn game? then my 54k base dead paladin would’ve been 5k base dead paladin, I guess that’s fair huh.
Also, tons of other games have hacks and exploits still left around. Funnily enough RotMG is actually considered non-hack infested RPG(Don’t get me wrong, it’s still bad). The interesting part is that they somehow live on unless it gets a direct connection with the real world money. So, unless mass duping incident comes into play, I highly doubt the game will take fatal impact from hackers itself, who the game’s system just views as “players that don’t die”. With the structure of the game relying on permadeath, and hacking not DIRECTLY connecting to the Real World Economy, I doubt the hack itself would kill the game. Rather RWT and duping would do so.

They upgraded their servers but they are still far from being good.

I have never been informed about DECA upgrading their servers. Please provide a source for this information.
If, if you are talking about DECA releasing RotMG Exalt… That is just a client, which has nothing to do with the server connection. It is still in Beta, and it also disconnects you every time your monitor frame refreshes. And I don’t see why bad servers would kill the game? If this connects to the “rising popularity” of the first point you made, I’m pretty sure DECA would actually upgrade their server when they have so many playerbase that their servers are about to explode. Currently we have about 200 to 300 active players in 3 or 4 servers each time.
No real point to make here, since it is based on a concept that isn’t even real.

(Imaginary) DECA will sell their game to other devs, who would try to add new contect and revive the game but will fail to do so with no playerbase coming in.

First off, This conflicts with your first point, which states that a wave of playerbase would join the game(making it toxic). I mean, you haven’t gave us reasoning on why that players would leave and the game would be sold, and if Hacking and bad server was the issue, I highly doubt it would manage to make players leave the game because of the reasons stated above. But let’s say they do leave. To some problem that we might not know, or maybe these problems got worse.

Why would DECA sell the game? did they try to revive it? if so, why didn’t it work? Since they decided to have more than two ST sets for a class, they have been going insane with adding unnecessary items into the game.
They also recently figured out how to add special effects to items to make it more interesting, with new classes coming out, and even constantly updating and creating new dungeons that doesn’t always have to be endgame, with Exalt combined I think this game still has a lot of contents to be added. With the structure of RotMG item system and existence of UTs, there is never “The best item in the game”. Everything is subjective, which I like, because it gives the chance for non-extreme endgame content to be worth the effort and makes the game more engaging that just “equip one item and do everything the same”.

Ok. Let’s be generous. They ran out of content somehow and will not add anything to the game anymore.
So the game is sold, and even the new devs don’t know how to add content(a reminder this assumption was based purely on nothing). What would they do in desperation? Add absurd contents, and small updates that will give out content for a very short amount of time? Or would they act like Kabam, and not do any updates at all? How would the playerbase react? I mean, Most of the content in this game is nowadays created by UGC team, so this game relies on players a lot. There are constantly new players contributing to the development of the game, thanks to DECA actually listening to the players(sometimes).

Wait, then how did this game ran out of ideas to implement? Even if all the players in UGC team have quit, and the game devs got desperate, wouldn’t they start implementing some absurd contents in until it actually works? if so, it is still being updated technically, and if playerbase wants to keep the game going and the devs doesn’t care, then UGC team will rise again, then we get the ideas to implement to the game and… you get the idea. We get stuck in this loop of people trying to save the game. And somehow it will live on.

…Until everyone lets go of it.

Game devs. UGC team, playerbase. When everyone decides it was time for RotMG to go, then the game would face a clean demise. If any of them is desperate, the game would live a dirty long, thin life with no real impact, but still would somehow live on(trust me, I’ve seen a lot of games like that).
Even so, this scenario is too unlikely considering DECA’s real income relies heavily on RotMG, and with the current state of the game it is likely to live on…for a while.

link to how DECA explains how they revived this game.

Ok, I have turned this into a rant myself. But I hope you get my point.
So simply put, the community probably thinks your points are invalid because of the reasons above : not being supported by evidence and not being connected to other points. I, personally can tell what you are trying to say in a big picture, but it is kind of confusing to know why you think so and how it all connects up.

I also hope you don’t make weird guesses on the future of something we love and care about without any reasoning, and I really, really hope you restrain from using TUTURU sounds with those cursed eyes. They are probably more cringe-worthy than the future community you expect.

And if you are a worse person than I thought and decided to not read even the slightest bit of this post, then congratulations. Keep making the same mistakes you will never admit and always whine why nobody listens to you. Learn when to learn. This message is directed to literally everyone, including myself.

I truly don’t understand what your point is.
All the issues you have pointed have been there since day 1. Well then how come realm is not dead yet since years ago? toxic community? hackers?
All of your points is not a problem that has just recently occurred that could potentially be the reason why “realm is dying”. It has been an ongoing problem for a long time now but why do we still play the game? If you care so much about hackers and toxic community in realm, you would have left years ago. No idea why you’re still here as it is and will always be an ongoing issue in realm.

My account itself is more than 8 years old and I can tell you, all kinds of hacks and toxic communities have been there since years ago, they don’t magically appear. I even remember people using cheat engines, easy duping, massive drop parties, RWT traders, and even all kinds of scammers. All of this can be traced back to the old days.

My point is, all of your points have been about “how realm is dying” when none of your listed issues have been a new discovery that could potentially make you quit the game. As to what I said before, why haven’t you quit before, why now?
Personally, why I don’t play realm as much anymore is more towards the fact that it’s getting boring to do the same thing over and over again. As pointed by someone above, all games will die out eventually, and it’s not just realm. I wish a game could live forever but sadly no.

Yes, this especially. They bought the game because THEY WANTED TO EARN MONEY! This is their livelihood, this is how they earn money. Of course they’re here for profit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.