Realmafia: Eclipse - Round III [Mafia Won]

Toastrz is replying :o

I cant access discord atm so im waiting for this update

There’s an eclipse happening because of a tie in votes, it’ll be a little while before we know what happens

Spoiler

Tie between Xaklor and Tero

Spoiler

Maf has the perfect game

Mafia Wins!

Oryx Rules Over All

Even with the odds quite in their favor, the town suffers another decisive defeat. The rebellion against Oryx was laughably ineffective, allowing Oryx’s goons to pick them off without a single casualty of their own. There were many points where the game came extremely close to making a turnaround, but sadly none pulled through. Xaklor won the final tiebreaker against Tero with the results below.

Xaklor vs. Tero
Rock vs. Scissors (Xaklor)
Paper vs. Scissors (Tero)
Paper vs. Rock (Xaklor)
Scissors vs. Scissors (Tie)
Paper vs. Rock (Xaklor)

Tero was another Civilian, and although some town members hoped that they still had some semblance of a chance, they quickly realized the grim reality. Their time was up, and the Mafia now outnumbered them. Having survived the RPS duel, Xaklor the Blocker was able to prevent Kaho the Vigilante from assassinating him while the Mafia took out their final Civilian target, Mrunibro.

Guill was speechless. How could the righteous heroes of the realm fall to Oryx? It isn’t supposed to happen this way! Guill himself isn’t much of a fighter, and without a single remaining hero to defend him or the Nexus, Oryx stormed into the last remaining server to claim it as his own. He nearly cut Guill down on sight as a victory trophy, but instead decided to take him alive. Where he is now, nobody knows…

Round 3 has ended! It’s yet another victory for the Mafia, and while I understand there are concerns about the Mafia possibly being too strong and the Civilian faction feeling hopelessly, I’ll be addressing those after the recap.

Game Recap

All Roles Revealed

The Mafia Goons
BrandonCao - Mafioso
Spixer - Mafioso
Tauntauned - Don
MMoas - Psychopath
Xaklor - Blocker
Glawi - Slow Killer

The Hapless Special Roles
Akram - Doctor
SoloSen - Medic
Ludfru - Sheriff
CandyShi - Gravedigger
BLUbeans - Mimic
Kaho - Vigilante

The Innocent Civilians
Atrapper
EpicNecros
Literature
Megatronc
Mrunibro
Mynamerr
Niegil
Piggby
SHARPSHOTR
SirSpud
Tero
ViciousTwo
WunderWafe

Nightly Decisions

Akram’s Treatments
Night 1: SoloSen
Night 2: SoloSen

SoloSen’s Treatments
Night 2: Akram

Ludfru’s Investigations
Night 1: SirSpud
Night 2: Tauntauned (blocked)
Night 3: Tauntauned (blocked)
Night 4: Mynamerr (blocked)
Night 5: Mynamerr

CandyShi’s Digs
N/A

BLUbeans’s Acts
Night 3: ViciousTwo (investigated)
Night 5: Xaklor (investigated)

Kaho’s Assassinations
Night 4: ViciousTwo
Night 6: Spixer (blocked)

Mafia’s Murders
Night 1: Piggby
Night 2: CandyShi
Night 3: SoloSen
Night 4: Niegil (trap set against Mynamerr)
Night 5: Ludfru and Mynamerr (trap activated)
Night 6: Mrunibro

Xaklor’s Blocks
Night 1: CandyShi
Night 2: Ludfru
Night 3: Ludfru
Night 4: Ludfru
Night 5: Kaho
Night 6: Kaho

Civilian Lynches
Night 1: SHARPSHOTR
Night 2: Atrapper
Night 3: Akram
Night 4: WunderWafe
Night 5: Megatronc
Night 6: Tero (lost tiebreaker against Xaklor)

The town was off to a very rough start this round, and the situation never really got any brighter for them. The potentially powerful Doctor + Medic combo got themselves killed almost immediately, instantly losing the protection that could have greatly hindered the Mafia. The Gravedigger ability once again went to waste even after it was transferred to the Mimic, and the Blocker made a number of excellent calls to stop the Sheriff from getting any info as well as prevent Kaho’s possible assassination of him.

In fact, the Vigilante was a major game changer. In phase 4, Kaho had initially decided to kill Xaklor, which would have exposed him as the Blocker and also make his prior cooperation with people like MMoas look very shady. No more than two minutes before that phase ended, he made a last second change to ViciousTwo as his target, letting Xaklor fight another day and ultimately make the game-winning call.

The Mafia did have some struggles with their Don, Tauntauned. For the last few phases, there was a surprising amount of infighting that led Tauntauned to essentially go rogue. This almost threw a wrench in the Mafia’s final plan to pile on votes at the last moment of phase 6 (which is a pretty cheap tactic that I don’t really endorse, but it does have a valid risk vs. reward ratio since it’s super suspicious if things go wrong).

On paper, the Mafia did ultimately pull through with a flawless victory, but they brushed with death multiple times. The quick loss of healers, exposure of the Sheriff to the Blocker, and a few mistaken calls made a huge difference. As for the Mafia win streak, I believe this can mostly be attributed this simply being one of the first few rounds. As a recurring playerbase begins to spot Mafia schemes more quickly, the debates will get more tense and the Mafia will need to fight harder and harder to truly deceive the experienced people. This game could have gone in a drastically different direction if even a single decision was made differently.

As for the Eclipse mechanic, the system definitely worked well for keeping the pace of the game going. I will say that it was significantly harder for me to manage on my end since I needed to be extra punctual and also do a lot of checks in a very short period of time, but I do believe it was worthwhile in the end. I might alternate between games that do and don’t use the mechanic, we’ll see.

The next round of Realmafia probably won’t happen until early to mid August. There are still several new mechanics and roles that I think you’ll all enjoy, so I hope you will join when that time comes!

FIlthy capitalist scum

There’s no way Gaod would be that good a blocker lol

Tauntauned was a true don by helping the civs

I think toast just messed up. Or gaod bribed him. Either way, Xak was the blocker

Whoops.

Towards the endgame I accused 8 people of possible maf, every single one of the maf except for Spixer were among those 8

Brandon and Glawi were absolutes, it was physically impossible for them to not be maf as they were inactive on all visible channels for two phases without an inactivity warning meaning that they had to be active on an invisible channel and both Doc and Medic were dead

The fact that no one questioned this made me lose a lot of faith in you guys, although I often accused both Xak and Taun as maf, their argument was so obviously set up Mmoas did make me question but I came to the conclusion that all 3 were maf, that then meant the existence of 3 maf and I couldn’t figure out who that was so I just assumed that Mmoas was telling the truth about Vic as a cover story and Kaho and Mynamerr often made appearances in my list but Kaho was eventually refused to be maf (I decided he was innocent at the same time I decided Mmoas was lying, also I decided that because Mmoas was in support of Akram’s innocence, but Lud was sheriff and Mmoas would have mentioned Mimic by this point, so that left him as a maf) and Mynamerr was killed by maf, so yeah

It’s depressing seeing every game as one side is bad but the other is so much worse

Happened twice
In a row

i wasn’t super active for the past ~2 days but i’m fairly certain both of them talked at least once per phase.

activity in the invisible channel doesn’t count towards avoiding the inactivity warning.

I suspected tauntaun and mmoas mmost of the game.

Mmoas’ mimic claim kind of threw me off, but ultimately was kind of stupid since he said vicious was a don.

I honestly thought literature was maf as well, but alas. He was just being an idiot :3

i suspected mmoas as well, along with xak, but never even thought about the other mafs lmao

fuck i should have voted with megatronc on taun in the first phase lmao

Your conclusion wasn’t incorrect but in fact that argument was not set up and was simply them arguing.

would be hard to set up such nonsense

@Toastrz you probably should now buff town (deputy that goes with sherif) or nerf mafia (less members or weaker roles)

Multiples of the same role would be pretty cool. Two sheriffs and whatnot.

multiple mimics