RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

The @username tags make this sooooo much better. Most forums have people saying “moderator!” in a reply and they’re never seen. We ain’t got time to read every single reply ever posted, but getting a notice we’ve been tagged makes it easy to respond when we’re called.

The mod ability is granted by the admins. If RealmEye wants to add more mods then the answer to your question would be “yes”.

Sadly, no. @Doc’s Tome can Purify the entire Forums!

I just know I was beat to the punch. I’m glad about that, because that avatar is much funnier/appropriate than whatever I was going to use.

No, we’re just illuminating.

I thought of another reason.

4. A lot of us are veritable fonts of historical information. I feel obligated to stick around as historical resource because there’s only so much you can get out of the historical patch notes.

so if the game was to magically stay around for 20 more years, would you still be here?

20 years? No. The history of the first 2 or 3 years of the game would be insignificant at that point.

To digress, one of the non-IRL reasons that keeps me from playing RotMG occasionally is that sometimes I’ll be overwhelmed by a sense that I’m an anachronism when I do play. The way players play this game has changed a lot, and I’ve not. There’s nothing wrong with that, nor do I harbor some gripe that the game should be played like it used to be played. It just is what it is; I could adapt, but I choose not to.

I see it like the General MacArthur quote, “old soldiers don’t die, they just fade away.”

I feel fine.

@moderators are we allowed to mention trust level 3+ topics on public threads?

No, there is a reason why its called the “You-know-what”

Wait didn’t I make a thread about this in you-know-where

I think you should proceed to delete that post and ask the question somewhere else…
PS the answer is no

Same here.

You’re welcome to try. IIRC, the forum software is not going to be outsmarted that easily.

I must say that it’s interesting to see people attempting to exert social pressure, especially considering there is absolutely nothing worth talking about there.

I was meaning mentioning the name for movement purposes. does this clarify? @HGKing

Maybe, not really. I can say that whatever it is that you’re wanting to do, doesn’t matter to me so I don’t care. The only consequence I can imagine would be social.

Edit: BTW, PMs are a thing, so maybe that’s an answer that applies for whatever you’re talking about.

@moderator how do you become a wiki moderator/editor? I’m interested in contributing to the realmeye wikis.

Any one above 14 stars can edit the wiki pages

I just realized anyone can edit the pages.

Disregard my stupidity thanks

@Stupidity tends to ban people when they disregard him.

Disregard me at your peril!