RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

@OtherBill Who has more muscles, me or you? :wink:

Roughly, yeah.

More or less.

Iā€™ve generally never thought about it. Age is just a number, and youā€™re only as old as you act.

how old do you think i am?

Lint brush.

interesting answer

@moderators what is your favorite sport

@moderators since your older than most of the people here, how do people react to you playing rotmg or just games in general?

To watch: soccer (edit to add: national teams and professional level, that is)

To play: archery (duh)

Ā 

I donā€™t think people even care. Then again, Iā€™m not really actively playing any more, I just log in every 12-13 days to refresh my RealmEye profile.

I play soccer
I think Iā€™m pretty good for my age

Ā 

[Let me rephrase: I enjoy watching professional and national-level soccer. OB]

Soccer. I generally donā€™t care for the rabid fanbase the sport (or any sport, for that matter) enjoys, but I do like playing now and then as a complete amateur.

Nobody knows. Like most things on the anonymous internet, people tend to treat others as if they were each-others peers. If iā€™m playing games with kids, I get treated like a kid, and if iā€™m in a professional community I get treated as a fellow professional.

I like it? Heā€™s happy. It makes me think this particular slime is pretty much unaware of the war in Oryxā€™s realm and just having a good time being a slime. He is Stupid, but happy. :slight_smile:

Because Idiocy was taken.

I feel like the name Stupidity is a reminder of who I am, in case I am tempted to take myself too seriouslyā€¦or others are tempted to do so.

If you donā€™t like what I have to say, you should keep in mind who is talking. In the same way, it should also be a reminder that you need to think about what is being said rather than only by whom. I would like my opinions to be evaluated and interacted with on the basis of their content alone. If Iā€™m wrong, show me.

I also like to keep in mind that people often have many reasons for their deaths in this game, but I have only one. My deaths are all because of Stupidity.

Finally, Stupidity is a name with a decent amount of anonymity. I like internet handles that are distinctive and identifiable, but arenā€™t going to immediately lead straight to me in a google search.

Good advice I wish I had thought of years ago.

i mean like how do people around you irl react? or do they not know that you do this stuff.

oh fudge, I did a search of my typical user name on google and found a whole page of different accounts by me

A few IRL people know I moderate a game forum. Even fewer know what RotMG is. They generally think iā€™m silly for voluntarily subjecting myself to dealing with hordes of adolescent kids.

But no, nobody treats me differently because of my hobbies, nor would I expect them to.

:frowning:

I mean you canā€™t exactly search ā€œDocā€ and pull up your real nameā€¦

Itā€™s a common thing.

I know of at least two other people using the nickname ā€œOtherBillā€ out on the internet, and ā€œother billā€ comes up so often that itā€™s a nonstarter.

Ā 

Most people donā€™t know; the few who know donā€™t care. Except for my soon-to-be-ex-wife, who simply referred to RotMG as ā€œthat gameā€ with a pejorative tone in her voice.

:c

what comes up after searching otherbill