RealmEye Forums Moderator AMA [Request]

aw rip marriage
for some reason i forget that alot of people who play rotmg are adults and that im going to be older than 14 and that im not immune to the unstoppable march of time leading us all to our inevitable deaths

here you go

I… already linked it?

S’okay. We had a good run.

Which leads me to another question: do you like children?

And no, although it’s Uni asking the question, not in the paedophilic sense.

Sorry to hear OB, hope you’re doing OK.

Bass fishing.

I don’t think many people are surprised to see a 28-year-old guy playing video games. If they don’t play video games themselves, they tend not to care about what video games I play. I think most people see it as a hobby, just like knitting or ultimate frisbee.

interesting reply…
do you go fishing?

dang, HG is twice as old as me . . .

well then OB is 6X your age!

3 times not 6 times

its a joke making fun of OB

and he said he is in the fifties, so more like 4x

OB IS IN HIS FIFTIES??? WHAT?!?
I thought Doc was fifty years old ;D /s

@OtherBill anything you would like to say in your defense?

Nah. Fishing’s pretty boring.

He said he is in 40s

Go back and read the thread! I never said I was in my 50s!

@Scorchmist ehhhhhh?! :wink:

@OtherBill I heard that a fast way to reduce ones heart reate /calm down after excersise is to take a deep breath, hold, then breath out like your angry. Is this true and is there a better way to calm down / reduce heart rate after excersise?

Long, slow, deep breaths certainly do bring your heart rate down—there’s a relationship between your breathing rate and your heart rate, so if you focus on breathing slower, your heart rate will drop as well.

I haven’t heard the “hold, then breathe out like you’re angry” bit, but I wouldn’t do that—holding your breath increases abdominal pressure, and forcefully breathing out requires both conscious thought and intentional muscular contraction, both of which would raise your heart rate. (There are some yogic breathing exercises where you do something like that—it’s an area of yoga called pranayama—but the intent there isn’t to lower the heart rate.)

To lower the heart rate, you need to reduce your body’s need for oxygen, which requires relaxing. There are other yogic methods for this; this might be an interesting read.

At the very least, a long deep 4-second inhale followed by a long deep 6-second exhale would probably be a good starting point.

@moderators favorite school subject?