Realmeye Forums vs. Rotmg Reddit Sub

Ultimately the realm eye guys are the owners of this forum. They have given us a great amount of freedom in determining how to manage the forum, but it would be up to them if they want to accept guidelines laid out by the devs.

I expect that if they create their own forums folks will probably leave this one. There’s nothing wrong with having more than one place to talk, but I think a driving force for creating this one was that we hoped deca would adopt this as the “official” place.

At the end of the day deca has to make the decision they feel best servers their interests. I think those of us who help out here would be willing to try to help them accomplish that on their own platform as well.

Wish people used this realmeye forums more, such a great place but we’re still in beta so probably a lot more people will come

yeah why are we still in beta ?

your survey has some flaws b/c it says “use more” so there will always be an answer. It is extremely unlikely that someone spends the same amount of time here as well as reddit.

maybe they are planning a mega update soon and we’ll come out of beta? : O

Not that i’m aware of. Perhaps the RealmEye guys have something in store for us, but at this point these forums are pretty well established and any new features are somewhat small in comparison. We’ve pondered on why the keep “beta” in the name but haven’t come up with anything convincing. Maybe because they’re using the beta channel of the software, and there could be bugs here and there?

Will we ever exit beta?

Reddit seems to have a more “old” feel to it, but RE forums seem to have a more modern look and feel. I know not many people may care about aesthetics, but I do. I like that realm eye is made the community, as the Reddit is not. I still do visit the Reddit though.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

It’s not really a question at this point in time. Reddit is currently the official discussion site for RotMG, so it’ll be #1 regardless of how any of us feel about it.

If I were to choose between Reddit, RealmEye, and a separate DECA forum, I’d prefer RealmEye for RotMG. Reddit is simply not structured for having real discussions and a separate DECA forum would be redundant since we already have this one, which is a part of the most prominent RotMG site and has every user automatically connected through their in-game account.

I will cry if they make a deca forums :frowning:

if it is a real forums…rip this forum…

Because you would lose your Regular status?

:slight_smile:

?? why would he?

I use RealmEye more. I think RealmEye is superior, it’s more smooth, and just flat out better.

But… the Reddit memes…

I feel like I’m the only one who appreciates memes for what they are ;-;

An alternative upvote target? :wink:

I’m not for the memes and shitposts. The thing about reddit is that your content just gets on the front page for a day and then its forgotten forever. Forums arnt like this usually, threads last at least a few days before it dies from nobody replying to them. Reddit’s a pretty terrible place to post ideas unless it gets popular enough to last a little more than a day.

yeah, the structure of reddit actually support memes and such a lot more, since idea/discussions has to be there for more than 1 day

Well On the bright side, Menichko and Another Admin view all the dungeon ideas!
Although They only said about 3 of the item ideas were a topic of discussion…

In the newest reddit post, it seems like the Deca team reads the forums secretly, but doesn’t have anyone with enough time to manage on here ;-;

what the heeeck when did this happen

Oh I had a conversation with Menichko for about half an hour a while ago.
He’s a pretty casual dude in public