Realmofthemadgod.com has a higher framerate than Flash Player 18

Hey, I’m getting a solid 60-61 FPS on the browser, but when I try to use the standalone flash player I hit 25-30 with the settings at the lowest possible. The thing is I’m getting a lot more tile loading lag in browser but none in the projector, so I want to switch. Any help is appreciated.

• OSX 10.11.1
  • realmofthemadgod.com as of now, wanting to switch to flash projector
  • Chrome
  • Adobe Flash Player 18 for standalone, 26 in browser. (Using 26 standalone still gives me the same results as 18.)

Quality varies for everyone probably.

If the browser version works better than just use that. Theoretically the browser plugin should have more overhead eating up CPU power, but since you’re on a Mac I can’t say the same isn’t happening with Flash Projector.

Still, the tile loading errors and random kicking to the character select screen are annoying and take the fun out of the game. It’s not like I can transfer over to steam…

Oh, whoops, I had that backward. Sounds like Safari is introducing some network overhead. Black tiles is usually indicative of a network issue, with the game not getting map data fast enough.

I think I remember someone having an issue of a 30fps cap using Flash Projector. Anyone remember that?

This could be because of the resolution of the player that the browser runs at, the browser has a small resolution, while on the otherhand flashplayer can be fullscreened which would cause more fps lag.

Chrome though uses PPAPI, a.k.a. Pepper Flash. In my experience it is horrible when moving at any speed due to black tiles. I suspect it is being much more aggressive over memory, which may help elsewhere. But if every time you try and rush to an event or O2 you run into black tiles it is unplayable.

Quick update: i’m getting 30 FPS with the standalone Flash Projector, with hardware acceleration turned on. If I turn it off I get 60 FPS. Maybe that’s the reason for the cap?

I find browser too stiff…

Like scrolling out on the map usually results with the whole pahe scrolling down.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.