Request For Feedback: no "Buying Hearts In Bulk" threads?

Reminder: there is no Trading subforum here in the forums, as that is what RealmEye Trading is for. As a result, buying/selling threads usually get closed pretty quickly.

However, Hearts do not appear as tradable items there so players can’t create offers to buy/sell them.

My current mindset is to continue to disallow these sorts of threads. Still, I’m open to feedback and curious what the rest of you think, here.

Thoughts?

[No poll, because this isn’t a popularity contest.   OB]

Given how inactive the RealmEye team has been in recent years, while I agree that contacting MrEyeball to create a new item is ideal, I just don’t think it’s practical (i.e. by the time MrEyeball acknowledges the request, the event will be over).

Especially since /r/rotmgtradingpost got closed down half a year back and I’m pretty sure r/rotmg also does not facilitate trading posts, the other alternative would be mango-peach-grape… or whatever Toastrz called it.

On one hand, the RealmEye trading section does somewhat invalidate the addition of a “Trading” subforum.

On the other hand, it’s a really limited kind of trading place. Having a subforum in #game-discussion for trading inquiries and discussions might be better, as it’s a slightly more convenient way of leaving a message than it is via RealmEye - at least, for those checking the forums.

I think the subforum would need to be more about economy discussion and maybe communicating for trades if it were to be added.
Though that would still be a bit of a roundabout way - find offer on RealmEye, log in on Forums, tag person in thread…

Can we have one sticky post where people can put their offers just for the hearts? 1 buy/ sell post per forum user max. All discussions to be had privately via chat. After the event is over the post can be closed.

I agree with Kittie’s idea, maybe have 1 pinned post for the entirety of the valentines event for people to post their offers.
Merge any random threads into the megathread.

(I like Seelpit’s idea as well).

MANGO PEACH HAWAIIAN GRAPE

Shouldnt the G and H be switched?

edit: ngl willing to buy lots of hearts gave a bunch of life, decas and motmg sun set pm me on discord

shh…

ok but

is comedy gold fr tho

[Manho? Sounds like some forumers to me… :wink: OB]

@Shatter

Better yet, get rid of the G :slight_smile: nudge nudge wink wink

Before we get our knickers in too much of a twist…
Has anyone even yet sent MrEyeball a PM via RealmEye messaging to ask for them adding to the trading pages?

Because previously when I’ve sent such, the response has been very swift and the items in question have been added quite promptly.

(As there is nothing new in the event this year that the tokens can bring, I’ve not paid the tokens any attention, personally.)

Good point. Sent a message to MrEyeball just now. I feel slightly retarded now for complaining about something and not trying it in the first place.

@Nevov I am quite ashamed now; under 24 hr response and there I was whining about MrEyeball being inactive…disgraceful!

@OtherBill I guess this thread has served it’s purpose!

Thanks for contacting the big E